Cruise Next Question

To follow up on your CN question if I might with 2 of my own.  Where in our online NCL account does it list the available CN certificates along with their expiration date? NCL just canceled 3 of our upcoming Nov 2024 Getaway bookings that had a total of 6 CN certificates (3 for each of us) tied to them. 

Also, can you add multiple CN certificates to one booking so we don’t lose the $125 (net) we paid for each one before they expire? We don’t care if the associated OBC is not added to the booking. We just don’t want to lose the $125 (net) we paid for the nonrefundable CN certificates. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Also, can you add multiple CN certificates to one booking so we don’t lose the $125 (net) we paid for each one before they expire? We don’t care if the associated OBC is not added to the booking. We just don’t want to lose the $125 (net) we paid for the nonrefundable CN certificates. 

CN no longer expires. For balcony and above you almost always can apply 2 certificates if the cruise is at least 4 months away. 

9 minutes ago, Asawi said:

CN no longer expires. For balcony and above you almost always can apply 2 certificates if the cruise is at least 4 months away. 

Thanks! That’s good to know as we bought those 6 CN certificates in Dec 2022. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

To follow up on your CN question if I might with 2 of my own.  Where in our online NCL account does it list the available CN certificates along with their expiration date? NCL just canceled 3 of our upcoming Nov 2024 Getaway bookings that had a total of 6 CN certificates (3 for each of us) tied to them. 

Sign into your NCL account, highlight My NCL at the top of the page, click My Account. It should be listed on that page.

CN and CF no longer expire.

32 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sign into your NCL account, highlight My NCL at the top of the page, click My Account. It should be listed on that page.

CN and CF no longer expire.

Thanks! I just tried that and saw a 10% discount for some cruise on the Bliss departing April 28, 2024, which just showed up one day. However, listed there are also the three 10% off coupons associated with the 3 cruises NCL canceled. However, my 3 CN certificates that were tied to those 3 cancelled cruises haven’t shown up yet. But I will keep looking, but definitely glad they no longer expire. Thanks for helping me find where they are listed. 😁

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! I just tried that and saw a 10% discount for some cruise on the Bliss departing April 28, 2024, which just showed up one day. 

They are doing some Latitude member cruises on the Bliss.  I have one for Sept 28, 2024.  

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! I just tried that and saw a 10% discount for some cruise on the Bliss departing April 28, 2024, which just showed up one day. However, listed there are also the three 10% off coupons associated with the 3 cruises NCL canceled. However, my 3 CN certificates that were tied to those 3 cancelled cruises haven’t shown up yet. But I will keep looking, but definitely glad they no longer expire. Thanks for helping me find where they are listed. 😁

I cancelled Sat. and mine are already in my account as of a few minutes ago. 48 hours to get them credited back to my account. How long ago did they cancel your cruise?

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Each cert is worth $250.  You don't get any OBC added to the booking.  You already received the OBC on the cruise where you bought the certs.  so yes, if there is a double up promo going on when you book, you can use two certificates, for $500 off your booking.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I cancelled Sat. and mine are already in my account as of a few minutes ago. 48 hours to get them credited back to my account. How long ago did they cancel your cruise?

NCL canceled all of the Sep-Dec 2024 Getaway Med cruises a couple of weeks ago. That probably has something to do with the delays associated with the refunding process. 

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Each cert is worth $250.  You don't get any OBC added to the booking.  You already received the OBC on the cruise where you bought the certs.  so yes, if there is a double up promo going on when you book, you can use two certificates, for $500 off your booking.

We didn’t take the OBC associated with the 6 CNs we bought onboard as it didn’t make financial sense since it was our $$ they were giving us back in the form of OBC. 

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We didn’t take the OBC associated with the 6 CNs we bought onboard as it didn’t make financial sense since it was our $$ they were giving us back in the form of OBC. 

I hate that they do this to people.  You actually did get the OBC, you can't decline it.  If you got 6 certs, then you should have paid $750 at the end of the day.  Your onboard account was charged $1500, then $750 was applied as OBC.  I point this out so that you don't expect to get any OBC when you do finally take a cruise using the certs

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I hate that they do this to people.  You actually did get the OBC, you can't decline it.  If you got 6 certs, then you should have paid $750 at the end of the day.  Your onboard account was charged $1500, then $750 was applied as OBC.  I point this out so that you don't expect to get any OBC when you do finally take a cruise using the certs

Actually we requested that the $125 per CN in OBC not be added to our account and they agreed. So we only paid $125 x 6 = $750 for the 6 CNs that we placed on the 3 “now cancelled” cruises we booked onboard.

BTW I misspoke earlier. We got $250 per CN applied as deposit to each of our 3 bookings rather than getting any additional OBC. It’s that other cruise line, PCL, that gives you OBC when you purchase one of their FCDs. Sorry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually we requested that the $125 per CN in OBC not be added to our account and they agreed. So we only paid $125 x 6 = $750 for the 6 CNs that we placed on the 3 “now cancelled” cruises we booked onboard.

BTW I misspoke earlier. We got $250 per CN applied as deposit to each of our 3 bookings rather than getting any additional OBC. It’s that other cruise line, PCL, that gives you OBC when you purchase one of their FCDs. Sorry.

awesome.  just happy to hear that you didn't get screwed.  

• Like 1

If I can ask one more CruiseNext question. When NCL eliminated the CruiseNext certificate expiration date, did that change include all of the previously purchased CruiseNext certificates prior to the change? For example, we bought our CNs back in Dec 2022.

32 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask one more CruiseNext question. When NCL eliminated the CruiseNext certificate expiration date, did that change include all of the previously purchased CruiseNext certificates prior to the change? For example, we bought our CNs back in Dec 2022.

I think so. Mine were bought in 2023. But why don't you just check your account?

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I think so. Mine were bought in 2023. But why don't you just check your account?

I did and there was no expiration date. However, when we initially bought them they were immediately applied to the 3 Getaway bookings that just got canceled by NCL a couple of weeks ago and just now appeared in my account. So I have no reference if the ”old” CNs had an expiration date listed in the account.

So I guess my new question is, did the “old” CNs that had not been applied to a booking yet have an expiration listed in an account?

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I did and there was no expiration date. However, when we initially bought them they were immediately applied to the 3 Getaway bookings that just got canceled by NCL a couple of weeks ago and just now appeared in my account. So I have no reference if the ”old” CNs had an expiration date listed in the account.

So I guess my new question is, did the “old” CNs that had not been applied to a booking yet have an expiration listed in an account?

Same here, I cancelled a cruise and the Cruise Next was applied to my account. It shows no expiration date. Before they had an expiration date. Called and there is no expiration date now.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

did that change include all of the previously purchased CruiseNext certificates prior to the change?

According to the CruiseNext manager on the Bliss, yes.  Will is that person, he was on my last cruise as well and I found him to be very frank with his the promotion ACTUALLY goes, plus tricks with using the NCL credit card.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:59 AM, hallux said:

According to the CruiseNext manager on the Bliss, yes.  Will is that person, he was on my last cruise as well and I found him to be very frank with his the promotion ACTUALLY goes, plus tricks with using the NCL credit card.

What tricks please?

56 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

What tricks please?

Look in the sticky thread.  The main thing is not to use the points for OBC, but to pay for everything on the card to earn 3x points on those purchases then use the points for statement credit instead.