2-Bedroom Family Villa

My wife and I are looking into a Norwegian Cruise with my mother-in-law and were looking at the 2-bedroom villa. She would get the second bedroom and second bathroom since she is just one person but she is saying she wants a "real bed." Does anyone have any experience with turning the second bedroom into a bedroom and how comfortable the bed is? Also if there any pictured of what the second room looks as a bedroom would be appreciated. The pictures on the web all show the couch.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Jimmymac83 said:

Breakaway.. but I'd imagine they are similar across the board?

So I just go off the Escape in the 2 bedroom Haven and also had the 2 bedroom Haven on the Breakaway. So the bed was actually pretty comfy from what our 2 grown adults that used it said. The only issue you may have is the bed is very very very low to the ground. It is absolutely fine for a single person with plenty of room. Now convincing your mother in law might be difficult. 

Also, When the Bed is turned into a bed there is not much room from the bed to the desk. I wish I had a picture but dont think i took one. 

We are currently on the escape in the haven in

a 2 br suite. The second br has a bed that is very low to the ground when opened.

on the escape the suite is noticeably smaller than the same room

on epic , gem or breakaway . 
bathrooms and living room

smaller as well 

The second bedrooms on the Prima and Viva are actual Queen-sized beds.

We've had no complaints from the people who stay in the second bedrooms. Our friend who sleeps there usually asks for a mattress topper, but other than that she loves it.

42 minutes ago, Jimmymac83 said:

Sofa beds can differ depending on class and category and even by ship within the class. 

Nor2-B151-85865-1524871909.webp

Here's the Breakaway 2nd bedroom with the sofa bed extended for 2 and the pull man bed above it. Since the pull man won't be needed in your case, it will be in the ceiling and out of sight. With the sofa bed extended, there is limited space to walk and the door to the bathroom cannot fully open. We don't know if the size or the mobility of the mother-in-law is a factor. The sofa bed can also be used at the standard width to give more walking room and more room to open the bathroom door. 

4 hours ago, Jimmymac83 said:

There are differences between the ships.

New ships(Prima,Viva) the 2 beds are more generous with a decent second room

We have done the 2 beds breakaway class.

For a solo adult they can work well, we leave the bed set up and use the room just as a bed bath saves some work for the cabin steward.

If a bit hard toppers can sort that out.

Storage is limited but sharing the main bedroom closets sorts that.

Thanks, everyone. I think this really helps. Mobility is not an issue. For 3 people the 2-bedroom is the way for us to go rather than booking two separate cabins, we won't be spending much time in the room except to sleep so the space shouldn't be an issue. Plus its Haven so we'll get those perks!