MSC Divina Yacht Club 2/11 - 2/22 Live Review

DaKahuna

35 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Have been watching the safety info on the TV in the room.  Taking / wearing of those bulky life jackets is required - how 1999 of them. 

Really? Just three weeks ago or so not necessary

12 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Really? Just three weeks ago or so not necessary

3 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Only in a real emergency if you are in your cabin, but not for the drill, no change there. 

Yeah, we only listened to what was said on the TV.  Saw our Butler in the passageway before we left and he told us not needed.  Never read or heard anything that said they were not needed.  We did see a few people carrying theirs. 

Was amazed to see elevators forward in wide use for people going down and up.  We cheated and hitched a ride back up to deck 15. 

The stairs were not as crowded as I had expected.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to apologize as I made a rookie mistake tonight and left my cell phone in the room charging and did not get any pictures of dinner, but the again we did not order anything our of the ordinary.

My DW had the Fried vegetable dim sum dumplings, think gyoza, I had the Nordic Salad, and we both had the filet mignon.  Her medium and mine medium rare.  She had the bernaise sauce and I had the peppercorn sauce. 

We both had the tiramisu for dessert paired with coffee americano and Bailey’s. 

My DW thought there should have been more than three dumplings other than that it was an excellent meal. 

After dinner we strolled through the buffet, went through the buffet on deck 14 just to see how crowded and what they had to offer.  Afterwards we went down to deck 7 and stuck our heads into a couple of the shops before heading to the Top Sail lounge for a night cap. 

There was a male vocalist playing the guitar and singing some romantic songs.  I had an Woodward old fashioned and my DW had a double Tanqueray and cranberry.  After listening to a few tunes, and finishing my drink I ordered a New Fashioned and a Diet Coke to take to the room and consume while watching the Super Bowl. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MechE31 said:

If you have a VPN, you can bypass the browse restrictions. You'll need to whitelist the MSC app and pause it for menus since those go through the browser. 

Thank you for this.  I enabled my VPN and it seems that things work so much better! 

I love that you can order doubles as you can on celebrity retreat. Found it annoying that rccl didn’t offer same in suite lounge during happy hour . Our seaside yacht club cabin had a walk in shower without the tub which we prefer . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

I love that you can order doubles as you can on celebrity retreat. Found it annoying that rccl didn’t offer same in suite lounge during happy hour . Our seaside yacht club cabin had a walk in shower without the tub which we prefer . 

I did not even think of getting a double until the bartender asked me if I wanted a double. 

As far as I have been able to determine all of the YC1’s on Divina are the shower tub combo.  Since Seaside is a much newer ship, it may be a design change that they are doing on their newer vessels.

While there are little pads on the tub bottom, they are only in the front under the shower head.  We found the back, where you enter and exit to be a little slippery when wet.  Fortunately there are grab bars to hold onto. 

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@DaKahunaYour picture clearly shows the tub/shower combo.  Is there also a walk-in shower?

No the shower/tub combo is all we had. 

• Like 3

Good afternoon from the Top Sail Lounge.

I left off last night where we were enjoying the relaxing music here in the lounge.  When the entertainer took a. Break, we left the lounge and returned to our cabin.  I turned the TV to the Super Bowl half way through the third quarter with SF leading 10 to 3.  Then as many had projected the 4th quarter changed everything.  As everyone now knows the Chief’s tied the game and went on to win in overtime.

We woke up to the alarm and my DW had breakfast from room service and once that was delivered I went to Le Muse for my breakfast omelette.  After breakfast we made ready to face the day and strolled around the ship.  My wife made a small purchase in one of the shops before we decided to attend the Captains toast in the Top Sail lounge.  When that finished we went back to the room and followed up on a couple of request with our butler and assistant butler.  

Then it was time to go to Le Muse for lunch.  We were disappointed to discover that the menu on the app was wrong.  My DW ordered the penne pasta and marinara sauce while I had a hamburger.  My DW was still talking about wanting udon, so we proceeded to Galaxy cafe where she ordered some hot sake and the tempura udon.  I ordered the chicken yakitori and an old fashioned.

We are now just relaxing in the lounge, her with a sprite and me with a sidecar. 

I love lazy sea days. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We did see a few people carrying theirs. 

SO people did NOT pay attention to the video they had to watch!🤪 

They will be the ones we have to climb over while they are on the floor freaking out

• Like 1

Just a few items to comment on.  
Service has been over the top as everyone has been saying about the yacht club.

This morning while making my way aft on deck 7 to go to breakfast and the again on my way back to the cabin, using deck 6, I was surprised at how few people were out and about. There were more people when we made our way fore and aft going to and from lunch.  The only really crowded area we have seen have been the pools, except for yacht club.

I have one disappointing item I have noticed, and I have not mentioned this to anyone, and that is how dirty the windows are in the Top Sail Lounge.  I am hoping that this may be corrected in tomorrow’s port visit but I am not hopeful.

We are finding that we prefer Celebrity’s Luminae dining better, more for the greater selections and ability to order from the MDR menu.  The food has not been bad, just different and limited in choices.

The same applies to the wine list in Le Muse.  Very limited.

IMG_0396.thumb.jpeg.ee6a2fea0d639f3b871bc868a9522297.jpeg

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 4

Appreciate what you are saying about the wines

Back in 2020 MSC had not only a premium bev package - which YC had included, they had a Prem plus type of package which meant you could have anything on the ship...no limit (any bottle/wine pairing etc). And you could buy up and get that on top of your YC package.

They have since stopped allowing that upgrade...idk if that package even exists anymore.

Back then, in 2020,  the somm wine paired our dinners for our B2B in YC with some amazing choices. He came to the dining room to ask us about our choices each evening and brought things with him...It was fabulous.

Fast fwd to 2022 for our B2Bsss..and MSC's  YC bev package and they limited wines- they are a bit of a disappointment to say the least. It is the "hole" in their YC.

Also, there were things in the bar (like Johnnie Walker Blue, Macallens, some great French champagnes and some nice grappas etc) that all disappeared.

We were told that some of it was due to availability.

I am reading on other threads for other cruise lines that pax are complaining about wine choices...

IDK if its a cost cutting thing, or other factors.

• Like 1

Here’s the lunch menus to show what the app said vs what was the actual menu.

The menu from the app

IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.a7327bbb42e6cd954dae5d85957c925d.jpeg

The menu in the restaurant 

IMG_0399.thumb.jpeg.46f650ede2ea4436f6092c694697fadc.jpeg

IMG_0400.thumb.jpeg.046509ecbc4dcc09bb315755ccce6098.jpeg

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I am reading on other threads for other cruise lines that pax are complaining about wine choices...

IDK if its a cost cutting thing, or other factors.

A gentleman at a table near us at dinner last night complained at the wine they tried to serve him.  They took it away and he taled with one of the waiters. A. Short while later a server showed up, opened a bottle of Oboron Cabernet Sauvignon and served him that.  

I am tempted to ask for it by name tonight. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

A gentleman at a table near us at dinner last night complained at the wine they tried to serve him.  They took it away and he taled with one of the waiters. A. Short while later a server showed up, opened a bottle of Oboron Cabernet Sauvignon and served him that.  

I am tempted to ask for it by name tonight. 

I hear you

Don't bring me a "Kim Crawford".. etal.. that's for certain...

And I don't drink flimsy, weak or barefoot sweet stuff. 

I want to know what's up with F&B if their sourcing can't deliver

15 hours ago, George C said:

You mean you can’t order a double drink on RCCL/suite lounge? Just a miserly shot pour?

Msc YC will make it as big as you want!  A triple for your room?  No problem!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

You mean you can’t order a double drink on RCCL/suite lounge? Just a miserly shot pour?

IKR

When we sailed NCL Sun to take our adult "kids" to Cuba several years ago, DH orders 2 fingers neat of one of the scotches. NCL refused to give him a scotch neat. Every time, they'd bring it over ice and he'd have to fish out the ice cubes. 

We don't know if it was because it was  short sailing so they thought folk were on a booze cruise mentality, or just an NCL thing.. yet if you are a scotch "neat" person, or even some other things served that way.. NCL wouldn't do it. 

Now back to our regular programming.

Sorry @DaKahuna

cheers

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

IKR

When we sailed NCL Sun to take our adult "kids" to Cuba several years ago, DH orders 2 fingers neat of one of the scotches. NCL refused to give him a scotch neat. Every time, they'd bring it over ice and he'd have to fish out the ice cubes. 

We don't know if it was because it was  short sailing so they thought folk were on a booze cruise mentality, or just an NCL thing.. yet if you are a scotch "neat" person, or even some other things served that way.. NCL wouldn't do it. 

Now back to our regular programming.

Sorry @DaKahuna

cheers

How odd!  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Yes you get a 3 hour happy hour if in a full suite but only singles , they do have good entertainment and we also get 5 free drinks because we are diamond plus but definitely prefer drinking in celebrity suite lounge or yacht club. 

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Are they having the breakfast/lunch buffets by the pool deck?

We were there for breakfast this morning.

It really was a little too windy, but it was possible to get a little shelter with careful table selection.