Bakery on the Vista.

jonthomas

We thought it was nothing special.

Most items are already in the Terrace café at breakfast.

Yes they have quiches. That is not what I think of when I think of a bakery.

I think of a variety of pies, cakes, variety of breads, eclairs, etc.

Of course that would be a nightmare if one thinks of the calories.

• Like 2

On our Vista cruises the Barrista/bakery area was in high demand and the tables and chairs were full most of the day...people were enjoying both the offerings from the bakery and barristas.  When the menu changed between breakfast and lunch at the bakery there was a line.   The only time we were able to walk in and easily find a place to sit was mid/late afternoon.  It filled back up when it switched to wine and appetizers in the evening.

We often had breakfast/brunch there on days when a smaller meal with a view and a delicious coffee  from barristas was perfect versus the larger Terrace or Waves.  We did love Aquamar for breakfast/lunch too and sometimes would grab a goodie from there and take it up to barristas to add to the items from there and enjoy the view!

Just a different reaction to barristas/bakery .......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, basor said:

On our Vista cruises the Barrista/bakery area was in high demand and the tables and chairs were full most of the day...people were enjoying both the offerings from the bakery and barristas.  When the menu changed between breakfast and lunch at the bakery there was a line.   The only time we were able to walk in and easily find a place to sit was mid/late afternoon.  It filled back up when it switched to wine and appetizers in the evening.

We often had breakfast/brunch there on days when a smaller meal with a view and a delicious coffee  from barristas was perfect versus the larger Terrace or Waves.  We did love Aquamar for breakfast/lunch too and sometimes would grab a goodie from there and take it up to barristas to add to the items from there and enjoy the view!

On the Ivista, we found Baristas a wonderful place for breakfast. We later heard it became terribly over crowded. Time will tell!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

We haven’t been on the Vista yet, not until 2025. But Barista sounds like a great improvement over the other Oceania ships. No wonder it was a busy place. I guess some people just wouldn’t be pleased no matter what.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were on in May and then again for 16 days in October with a bunch of friends. Barista’s was a GREAT place to enjoy some coffee or other drinks and baked goods virtually all day long. It was always a place to find a friend and the variety of tables and chairs gave it a real Cafe vibe. Our local Starbucks and Pete’s and others are great meeting places with wonderful seating areas and Baristas served that need on Vista. When we needed heavy duty deserts like cakes and pies, there were always the various restaurants.

Baristas is that place to go when you just can’t get through the morning or afternoon without a Capuchino or Latte and an extra 1,000 calories. IMHO, IT’s a WINNER so now you have my 2 cents and based on how full it always is, I would say a consensus from the guests aboard. We all have our “Likes”. 
Mauibabes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yup baristas is good on Vista as it is on other O ships.

The bakery, is another story.

Not even sure why it's called the bakery. Not much baking going on. Extension of batistas is really not the topic. Its good there is more seating for coffee lovers.

I would like to see items in the bakery that are NOT seen in the Terrace or other dining venues.

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Yup baristas is good on Vista as it is on other O ships.

The bakery, is another story.

Not even sure why it's called the bakery. Not much baking going on. Extension of batistas is really not the topic. Its good there is more seating for coffee lovers.

I would like to see items in the bakery that are NOT seen in the Terrace or other dining venues.

Luckily you have found other places that provide you with options you prefer and for those of us that love the options offered at the bakery -- everyone has a choice!   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maxamize said:

We loved The Bakery. French pastry and great little snacks.  

same stuff as in terrace buffet...at breakfast...guess if you like it , you can now get it at two places...

I would like something different to justify allocating that kind of space and calling it a "Bakery". 

Yes more space for Baristas, that was probably needed, but  not for a bakery that has little to offer to  myself and others like me that have said so on the ship, but perhaps not here.

2 hours ago, vipro said:

Is the coffee free in barista all day long? I am talking about cappuccino or latte. Not those special coffee (if they have any)?

Coffees (without booze) are always free.

We loved the Barista on Vista and it’s food selection. I believe the issue, for some, lies with Mauibabes comments above. There were several people that park there for hours; sipping coffee, visiting with friends, surfing the internet, a one group I remember played cards there most every day. What this meant was that people that just wanted a coffee and a quick bite often didn’t have a place to sit. I realize just broaching the question of: Is the Barista actually an appropriate place for the all day Bridge game?, will start a war on people’s perceived personal rights. Just be aware that some camp out there for hours, so you may either be standing and eating, or taking it back to your cabin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In Baristas on Vista, there is the "bakery," which has about five or six pastries or, in the afternoon, a quiche of the day, and a staff person there to serve you. (Wish they had the quiche at breakfast but that's another issue.) Then there's a small self-service "buffet" closer to the coffee bar that has cookies and other pastries (not the same ones at the "bakery"), and this area also has bagels and toast in the morning and small sandwiches in the afternoon. It does seem like Oceania must have had a grander vision for the bakery because it's largely redundant, and it's weird that you need a staff person to serve you pastry at the bakery and yet if you walk 20 feet toward the coffee bar you are deemed capable of serving yourself. We never saw many people actually getting pastries at the bakery and the staff member there always looked extremely bored. And, yes, there's an oven there but there was no baking going on.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Coffees (without booze) are always free.

We loved the Barista on Vista and it’s food selection. I believe the issue, for some, lies with Mauibabes comments above. There were several people that park there for hours; sipping coffee, visiting with friends, surfing the internet, a one group I remember played cards there most every day. What this meant was that people that just wanted a coffee and a quick bite often didn’t have a place to sit. I realize just broaching the question of: Is the Barista actually an appropriate place for the all day Bridge game?, will start a war on people’s perceived personal rights. Just be aware that some camp out there for hours, so you may either be standing and eating, or taking it back to your cabin.

If it is free then it's good as most other cruise lines will treat them as premium coffee and charges $$$. I don't mind to take that away to another larger lounge if there are other places to sit. Have never been on an O before so looking forward to having a good sip every day.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

In Baristas on Vista, there is the "bakery," which has about five or six pastries or, in the afternoon, a quiche of the day, and a staff person there to serve you. (Wish they had the quiche at breakfast but that's another issue.) Then there's a small self-service "buffet" closer to the coffee bar that has cookies and other pastries (not the same ones at the "bakery"), and this area also has bagels and toast in the morning and small sandwiches in the afternoon. It does seem like Oceania must have had a grander vision for the bakery because it's largely redundant, and it's weird that you need a staff person to serve you pastry at the bakery and yet if you walk 20 feet toward the coffee bar you are deemed capable of serving yourself. We never saw many people actually getting pastries at the bakery and the staff member there always looked extremely bored. And, yes, there's an oven there but there was no baking going on.  

I have read there is afternoon tea served, so are those pastries better than than this bakery? Or are they the same thing?

At the breakfast buffet in Barista, they also had bagels and loxes, a selection of meats and cheeses, along with fresh fruit. Also, during early breakfast hours they were baking items. Not sure how long all this continued because we were always gone off on tours as soon as the ship docked. Therefore, those arriving after 8:00-8:30 may have different experiences.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonthomas said:

same stuff as in terrace buffet...at breakfast...guess if you like it , you can now get it at two places...

Yes, I like that The bakery offers unique and perfectly executed French pastries like Cannelés, Eclairs, Brioche, Chouquette and Madeleines.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 6:40 PM, basor said:

What time do they start serving the wine and appetizers in the evening?

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

What time do they start serving the wine and appetizers in the evening?

As I recall it was around 6:00 for the wine, but appetizers were out pretty much all afternoon along with the sweet items. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

As they are on all ships beside baristas, so why the need for the bakery? Unless of course it had something different to offer.

The Bakery offers something different… As mentioned before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

As they are on all ships beside baristas, so why the need for the bakery? Unless of course it had something different to offer.

The bakery/barista on Vista offered much, much  more than what was available on our just completed cruise on Sirena at the barista. Not even close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1