What are you not allowed to bring on board?

Hi,

we come flying from abroad and will arrive a day before the cruise but fly back the same day the cruise ends.

we would like to get some things from Amazon and some stores before the cruise but unsure what we are allowed to bring onboard expect the obvious.

for example I would like to order some baking sheets, shampoos and snacks/candies. 

if things are confiscated can I pick them up when we come back?

Somewhere on your cruise line website will be a list of forbidden items that you cant bring on board. Mostly items that could be a hazard in one form or another. Each cruiseline has a policy about what alcohol,soft drinks,and water that can be brought on. Anything confiscated at embarkation will be returned at disembarkation. Regarding foodstuffs- be sure you are aware of any Customs restrictions where you disembark.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

I often do a bit of shopping in the embarkation port, and take things back home with me at the end of the cruise. I’ve brought lots of non-cruise-related things like spices, hair care products and cooking equipment on board with me, and onto the flight back home. I may have raised a few eyebrows, but I’ve never had a problem! As @mom says points out, as long as it’s not something that’s going to be a safety hazard, you should be fine.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Thanks 1

If you plan to buy any wooden souvenirs - especially from market stalls - check on the ship's policy.

Many will have to be sprayed with insecticides (or fungicides) (or both) or the ship will fumigate if they have the facilities.

Similar if your disembarkation port is in Aus or NZ. mebbe other countries.

It's possible that some lines might not allow then aboard.

JB 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Baking sheets????

DON

The baking sheets are like 1/3 of the price here and I get your reaction, hence I’m asking 😅 don’t wanna be the guy in the queue of 1000 people that gets stopped because he brought baking sheets on the cruise. Where there’s all inclusive 😂

2 hours ago, OliverSwe said:

The baking sheets are like 1/3 of the price here and I get your reaction, hence I’m asking 😅 don’t wanna be the guy in the queue of 1000 people that gets stopped because he brought baking sheets on the cruise. Where there’s all inclusive 😂

On my last cruise, I travelled with a metal chimney thingy for roasting a chicken in an upright position. It’s like the stand for a beer can chicken, but without the need for a beer can. It’s super cheap in Florida, but not at home. No one summoned me to the naughty room, I’m pleased to say!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OliverSwe said:

Cannot imagine that the things you are talking about would be prohibited...

The only thing is how you are going to pack them for the flight home.

Since you are buying shampoos and the like, make sure you have lots of large ziplock bags so that if they open during flight you are not ruining your clothes.

Just be careful as mentioned with wood products, and anything fresh....

4 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

The only thing is how you are going to pack them for the flight home.

For tons of fun, slip the cookie sheet under your shirt right before the X-ray.  😄

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

For tons of fun, slip the cookie sheet under your shirt right before the X-ray.  😄

On that note, airports will x-ray international luggage before it's loaded on the plane.  Your luggage with the cookie sheets will be diverted to secondary screening...they're going to open them up for a look see.

Edited by Philob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philob said:

On that note, airports will x-ray international luggage before it's loaded on the plane.  Your luggage with the cookie sheets will be diverted to secondary screening...they're going to open them up for a look see.

We have never found out what it was but in LHR twice now one of our bags (the same one each time) was diverted to secondary and then never made the flight.  This was on the way to our cruise and on the way home.  Same bag, same issue and not tight connections, so don't know what was up.

13 minutes ago, Philob said:

Huh, I hadn't thought of that.   It might actually  be better to take the cookie sheet as a carry-on.