Bid to upgrade to a conservatory suite

sandancer

Thinking of making a minimum bid for a conservatory suite on Iona. On the bid page it gives 2 options - promenade deck suites and then another line conservatory suites. Not interested in deck 8 and I’m not sure that we would be guaranteed a deck 9 suite if the bid was successful. Anyone done this or know if they would just allocate any available CS. We spend a lot of time in the cabin and the extra space would be great.  

4 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thinking of making a minimum bid for a conservatory suite on Iona. On the bid page it gives 2 options - promenade deck suites and then another line conservatory suites. Not interested in deck 8 and I’m not sure that we would be guaranteed a deck 9 suite if the bid was successful. Anyone done this or know if they would just allocate any available CS. We spend a lot of time in the cabin and the extra space would be great.  

Since deck 8 is the promenade deck, I guess the other one will not be on the promenade deck.

33 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Look at the deck plan carefully.

The deck 9 conservatory suites are just above the promenade deck from mid to aft and have no view or privacy imo.

We were offered upgrades on our November and January 14 nights cruises on Iona but were happy with our deck 14 aft balcony cabins and not interested in the conservatory suites.

14 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Didn’t realise that Graham. I thought it was only on deck 8 where there was no view or privacy. 

There are several jacuzzi along the promenade deck.

There is still a view of the sea but the privacy issue is a problem imo.

We were offered to upgrade for £450pp for either deck but did not fancy them ourselves.

They are only on deck 8 and 9 which is a shame because deck 10 or above would be perfect.

IMG_20240208_111051.jpg

IMG_20240208_111102.jpg

Screenshot_20240208_112322.jpg

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Wouldn’t touch the ones on deck 8. However, had a peek at one on deck 9 and they look great. Plus the perk of breakfast in the Epicurean is very attractive. 

We're in a Deck 9 Conservatory Suite on Iona as I write.  Pretty much our favourite cabins across all P&O ships.  I'm not sure what is meant by 'no view'.  You can look out from the conservatory and the balcony over the sea, albeit the promenade deck is below.  In terms of privacy, no-one can see in, but the balcony extends such that those in balcony cabins on decks above can look down onto your balcony, if that is something that concerns you.

And, sorry to disappoint, but Conservatory mini suites do not attract the perk of Epicurean breakfast - that is full suites only.  They do entitle you to priority embarkation, however.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. Our TA has checked and there are no CS available on either deck so I think it would be futile to bid. If any become available I’m sure the highest bidder will get it and that won’t be us. We’ll stick with our aft de luxe balcony I think. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

We're in a Deck 9 Conservatory Suite on Iona as I write.  Pretty much our favourite cabins across all P&O ships.  I'm not sure what is meant by 'no view'.  You can look out from the conservatory and the balcony over the sea, albeit the promenade deck is below.  In terms of privacy, no-one can see in, but the balcony extends such that those in balcony cabins on decks above can look down onto your balcony, if that is something that concerns you.

And, sorry to disappoint, but Conservatory mini suites do not attract the perk of Epicurean breakfast - that is full suites only.  They do entitle you to priority embarkation, however.

There is still a sea view but if you get 1 with a promenade jacuzzi in front of it it would be unfortunate.

Good information about no Epicurean breakfast for Conservatory mini suites.

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks Mark. Our TA has checked and there are no CS available on either deck so I think it would be futile to bid. If any become available I’m sure the highest bidder will get it and that won’t be us. We’ll stick with our aft de luxe balcony I think. 

My TA has told me before certain cabins were unavailable but they were available on the P&O site I checked beforehand so they had to ring P&O with the cabin number I wanted and it was available.

Your deluxe aft balcony is perfect imo.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to spend most of the next 36 hours or so getting a view from my conservatory of a very angry sea on route  back to Southampton, because the weather has certainly taken a turn for the worst after a very pleasant preceding 12 days!

@sandancer I wholeheartedly recommend you give one of these Deck 9 cabins a try sometime on Iona or Arvia when you get the chance.  We love them.  And, so far as I can recall, there is a definite distinction in making an upgrade bid between the Deck 8 and Deck 9 ones (with higher bid ranges for the latter), so I'm pretty sure that they won't give you a Deck 8 one if you bid for one on Deck 9.  And, although there might not be any showing available on your specific cruise at the moment, that doesn't mean a number won't become available via cancellations, a proportion of passengers who will not follow through on final payment or because some currently occupying them might bid successfully for suites.

• Like 2

There are a few conservatory mini suites on deck 9 which are above the Olive Grove and much more private because balconies are set back from its roof. I think I worked out that they are mid aft from 9615 to 9621.

I've had 9617 twice now; with the conservatory door open you have total sunbathing privacy. Important to me because I am a naturist.