Reusable water bottles

Dawnya00

Hi. I am heading on my 8th cruise in April, Caribbean with my adult daughter, her first cruise. When I started cruising, we used to get a reusable cup when we signed up for a beverage package. I feel like there was a push 8 or so years ago trying to stop people bringing on large cups (Yeti and the sort) for whatever reason.  Are people bringing on reusable water bottles or cups? I want to make a custom cup to commemorate my daughters first cruise. Do you bring a special cup or bottle? I will add we are getting an alcohol drink package. Thanks!

Besides my favorite water bottle I also bring my large commuter coffee cup.  The cups the ship uses are small and not as easy to wander around the ship with since they do not have lids.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The cups the ship uses are small and not as easy to wander around the ship with since they do not have lids.  

Just to clarify, using RCCL in your signature as example, Cafe Promenade has 12 oz. paper cups with separate lids for their coffee service as an option.  If you have access to the Crown Lounge (ex-Diamond Club) or Suite lounge, they have the paper cups with lids available as well.  The service at the Windjammer (and MDR and the others) use the smaller ceramic cups with no lids which I totally agree are not the best option.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just to clarify, using RCCL in your signature as example, Cafe Promenade has 12 oz. paper cups with separate lids for their coffee service as an option.  If you have access to the Crown Lounge (ex-Diamond Club) or Suite lounge, they have the paper cups with lids available as well.  The service at the Windjammer (and MDR and the others) use the smaller ceramic cups with no lids which I totally agree are not the best option.

That is true and will do in a pinch but I really prefer my large commuter cup with lid.  

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That is true and will do in a pinch but I really prefer my large commuter cup with lid.  

I agree and was only commenting as you indicated that they don't provide lidded cups to use and I just wanted to be sure you (and others) were aware that they are available. 🙂

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

I feel like there was a push 8 or so years ago trying to stop people bringing on large cups (Yeti and the sort) for whatever reason. 

No, I don't remember anyone saying, "Stop this."  

I like having a big, insulated cup, but it's not a necessity.