PG Cabin on Queen Anne but Main Dining

Cathygh

Hi

A friend on mine who is not on CC has booked a cruise on QA with a PG confirmed cabin number. The confirmation says 'main dining.'

She is worried that this menas she will be eating in the MDR not PG, is that right? Her TA is off today so she can't get an answer from them.

TIA

3 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

No, all Princess Grill cabins eat in the Princess Grill. 

Thank you that's what I have told her but the confirmation says Main Dining. She has just rung Cunard who won't change the wording. Sounds like an error by Cunard maybe?

9 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Thank you that's what I have told her but the confirmation says Main Dining. She has just rung Cunard who won't change the wording. Sounds like an error by Cunard maybe?

They always describe it as Main Dining because the restaurant associated with the booked cabin grade is the main dining for that grade. Britannia Club can't pay extra to dine in Princess or Queens Grill.

So anyone booked in Princess Grill must dine in the Princess Grill Restaurant unless they choose to go to the buffet, pub or pay extra for a speciality restaurant.

Just checked ours, booked via agent, shows restaurant name. But it's not an error.

Edited by D&N
footnote
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, D&N said:

They always describe it as Main Dining because the restaurant associated with the booked cabin grade is the main dining for that grade. Britannia Club can't pay extra to dine in Princess or Queens Grill.

So anyone booked in Princess Grill must dine in the Princess Grill Restaurant unless they choose to go to the buffet, pub or pay extra for a speciality restaurant.

Just checked ours, booked via agent, shows restaurant name. But it's not an error.

Just checked ours on my Cunard. It says main dining.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just checked ours on my Cunard. It says main dining.

As does ours. I was quoting from the pdf copy.

@Cathygh That's a Britannia Club and a Queens Grill booking with the same Main dining room shown in My Cunard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, D&N said:

As does ours. I was quoting from the pdf copy.

@Cathygh That's a Britannia Club and a Queens Grill booking with the same Main dining room shown in My Cunard.

Thanks. I'll tell her.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

No, just the way it's described 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Yes that's the odd way it's often described,  I've just taken a look at my Club Dining info, for the upcoming Queen Anne voyage,  just the same, it's referred to as the  Main Dining Room.

Tell your friend no need to worry about it - worry more how many pairs of shoes to pack 😉  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes that's the odd way it's often described,  I've just taken a look at my Club Dining info, for the upcoming Queen Anne voyage,  just the same, it's referred to as the  Main Dining Room.

Tell your friend no need to worry about it - worry more how many pairs of shoes to pack 😉  

As few as possible. They are heavy and invisible in the dining room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

As few as possible. They are heavy and invisible in the dining room.

Six colours for walking about the ship and photos. Three colours of dance shoes with suede soles and slightly lower heels (they're featherlight).

I just need a couple of blacks and trainers for gym.

• Like 2

Our Queens Grill reservation in My Cunard for our upcoming Queen Anne voyage describes our dining as Main Dining.  So did our QG on Queen Elizabeth.  It’s a standard description, obviously.

• Thanks 2