Celebrity Hubbard Glacier Excursion ?

leisuretraveler223

We are at sea on day 2 at Hubbard Glacier. There is a shore excursion offered to get closer to the glacier.  It's about $450pp, and with 10 of us, that gets a little steep. Any feedback on this?  Are we close enough to appreciate it from the ship?  Would you shell out $4,500 to do this?

If it has been listed for a little while likely full by now and maybe waitlisted so it won't matter. All adults? Kids might be cheaper. Some adults stay and some go? Great photos of both. Sometime lots closer sometime further which depends on the ice conditions and captain. Check youtube for personal videos. 

2 hours ago, nordicacres said:

Wow! NCL has the same excursion for $399/adult and even after the FAS $50 discount I thought it was expensive 😮 Interested in opinions also because we did book it.

Most cruise lines have On Board Credit that can be used for many things, including excursions. This is not unique to NCL. On my last Princess cruise, I had $700 OBC.

3 hours ago, nordicacres said:

Wow! NCL has the same excursion for $399/adult and even after the FAS $50 discount I thought it was expensive 😮 Interested in opinions also because we did book it.

We booked it on Princess several months ago for $299.  It's now wait listed only for $409 😮

29 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We booked it on Princess several months ago for $299.  It's now wait listed only for $409 😮

Princess has dynamic pricing. As the excursion fills up, the price goes up!