refund policy

wildescapade

8 minutes ago, wildescapade said:

Does anyone know what the refund policy is? I may have to cancel due to a family crisis. I have insurance, but I did not get "cancel for any reason" so I may be out of luck.

You need to share more information.  I am assuming this is after final payment, or NRD, but your insurance only covers certain things written on your policy, so it depends on those covered items.  So sorry to hear about your dilemma.  

Edited by Lastdance

It would be helpful to know if you are prior to or after final payment and length of cruise.   Below are for Refundable -   for NR depends on when you purchased.   If before Final you can pay a fee to shift to antoher cruise for a fee I believe is $100 pp.

image.thumb.png.b0a355bfcd7660ce5769723dc8c843e2.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thank you, I am past final payment and only 5 weeks until my cruise. This answered my question. I have a few days to decide. I dont want to be on a cruise and worry about whats happening back home. I also hate to lose the money. This issue came up yesterday, its been ongoing for a very long time but I was just told yesterday. and just a small hint, an unexpected filing for divorce due to some volatile actions by a spouse....I am beyond angry

It is worth a call to Celebrity or your TA, however you booked. And of course the insurance company you used. I am very sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you are able to work something out with Celebrity. 

10 hours ago, wildescapade said:

Thank you, I am past final payment and only 5 weeks until my cruise. This answered my question. I have a few days to decide. I dont want to be on a cruise and worry about whats happening back home. I also hate to lose the money. This issue came up yesterday, its been ongoing for a very long time but I was just told yesterday. and just a small hint, an unexpected filing for divorce due to some volatile actions by a spouse....I am beyond angry

Don't wait any longer.  Please call your Insurance company AND Celebrity or your TA whichever booked your cruise.  We on CC only have opinions and this is a serious decision.  Seems this issue is not you but a family member? so this may not be covered by your insurance.  If it's possible to transfer your deposit via a future cruise credit to another cruise you will enjoy your vacation without worrying about 'things back home'.  Wish you GOOD LUCK and hope issues resolve quickly.