Live Review Koningsdam Feb 17-March 23, 2024. Hawaii/Tahiti

Posted (edited)

Really quick post for those who are following this thread and are currently onboard….

The orange party was great! Unfortunately the timing was off for many of us who need to get up early for tours tomorrow.

I will be using the “let us know” feature in the app to request another party (or two) on the lido during the long 8 night return trip to San Diego. Based on all the participation, I suspect folks wouldn’t mind another orange themed party. 

If you agree, please write the request in the navigator app using “let us know” and give this post a like. Let’s turn this place up for the ride home!!!  

806B3C9B-EE39-4E2A-9C10-6460FD05B984.jpeg

018C78E1-3527-4E57-814A-90E8497EB59E.jpeg

FCFD4850-E946-40AE-9783-70A1F9AA48C5.jpeg

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 13

Wanted to share that we have been going to the main dining room most evenings. It has been better than expected. We have never been there longer than an hour and 15 minutes. We have found the crowds in the Lido deck too overwhelming. They close one side of the lido in the evening which forces everyone to the other side. And the lines are long especially with the crew having to man the drink station etc.  we are on fixed time late dining so maybe that is why we have had such a good experience in the MDR. Anyway, I felt I should give a shout out for the great and timely service. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The orange party was great! Unfortunately the timing was off for many of us who need to get up early for tours tomorrow.

I have never been to an Orange Party! Even though I have obtained and brought along orange accessories, it's always at 9:30 or so.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Riversedge said:

Is it now the norm to have the Orange party on deck?  I like this so much better.  We only attended once before….too crowded and too loud.  

That is yet to be seen. According to the cruise director this was the first time they had the orange party outside at the lido. 

Some people are complaining that it was too hot (and it really was scorching to the point that I went up on the open air jogging track to look down and got a group to wobble outside where it was much cooler). 

We still have 11 nights and it will get much cooler as we make our way back to San Diego. So far the responses I’ve personally received either verbally or by messenger in both social media formats has been very supportive. I’d guess about 50 people have told me they have  requested another outside lido party on the return. 

The timing of this one was also bad. Not just for the heat but because we had to get up early today for Fakarava. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 7

We are out of noro lockdown as of this afternoon which will be good for the crew. They have been working extra hard to keep things clean. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ldog said:

We are out of noro lockdown as of this afternoon which will be good for the crew. They have been working extra hard to keep things clean. 

It actually happened last night at supper.  We decided to eat at the Lido & were surprised to see on the aft deck there were s&p shakers & utensils!  Plus the water etc you could get for yourself.   The crew had a lot of extra to do during this & we are thankful for their service. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It actually happened last night at supper.  We decided to eat at the Lido & were surprised to see on the aft deck there were s&p shakers & utensils!  Plus the water etc you could get for yourself.   The crew had a lot of extra to do during this & we are thankful for their service. 

Yep we’ve been free for over 24 hours now. Everyone play nice please!!!

On another subject- WTH is this??? Move clocks 30 minutes? This is the twilight zone. As if the whole crossing the dateline didn’t confuse me enough. They are really testing the limits of the drink package here ;). 

9610CA54-23C9-455D-8963-3705330D2442.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

@BermudaBound2014
“Everyone pl
ay nice please!!!”  I don’t understand this…is someone not playing nice?  If this was directed at me I still don’t understand? 

We had a great excursion today with Ato Lissant.  He had an issue with his boat the day before but found another one for us today.  Snorkeling in a couple of locations, lunch on the motu & lots of sharks!   We just made it back on the tender when the rain poured.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

“Everyone play nice please!!!”  I don’t understand this…is someone not playing nice?  If this was directed at me I still don’t understand? 

I think Cheryl meant "everyone" as in everyone on the ship! not doing things that spread sicknesses. Not the members of this thread or Roll Call.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I think Cheryl meant "everyone" as in everyone on the ship! not doing things that spread sicknesses. Not the members of this thread or Roll Call.

Exactly this ^

I meant everyone on the ship play nice as in washy washy - aka don’t let your guard down. We just got ‘free’, don’t want to go backwards (it’s so hard on the staff). 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We had a great excursion today with Ato Lissant.  He had an issue with his boat the day before but found another one for us today.  Snorkeling in a couple of locations, lunch on the motu & lots of sharks!   We just made it back on the tender when the rain poured.  

Was this with Fakarava Excursions?  Trying to book for next year but the response time is a bit slow.  How was it getting off on the tenders in the morning….a bit worried that we won’t be able to get off in time for an 8:30am excursion.

2 hours ago, danogg said:

Was this with Fakarava Excursions?  Trying to book for next year but the response time is a bit slow.  How was it getting off on the tenders in the morning….a bit worried that we won’t be able to get off in time for an 8:30am excursion.

fakaravaexplorer@hotmail.com With Ato Lissant.

The tenders were no issue here but were in Moorea. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danogg said:

We went with Rotoava Excursions and could not have been more pleased. 10 people in our boat, 3 locations. Back by 3. Truly wonderful. Highly recommend. I didn’t get pictures of the fish while snorkeling but there were a lot and very beautiful  IMG_1407.thumb.jpeg.94fb2b0451f089e58d23e89166d861ad.jpegIMG_1401.thumb.jpeg.e3ec505143eb8a7521fca1f9cad7e9ac.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg

• Like 6

I am so happy to read about these snorkeling excursions!  We are water people!  We were booked on this cruise for 2025 but moved....why, because I was having difficulty researching what  to do in the islands that we would enjoy.   This gives me hope for the future.

CC port info is not like it used to be for sure.

• Like 3