My Thoughts On My Retreat Experience........Celebrity Beyond 1-19-24 Sailing

BACON227

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Is sunset bar different on Ascent from Edge and Apex? I will be on both ships within the next month.

I always thought it a missed opportunity that the lounge at the FRONT of the ship doesn’t open for bar service until the afternoon.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Is sunset bar different on Ascent from Edge and Apex? I will be on both ships within the next month.

yes.. Its a larger overall area..Terraced seating..great views.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

yes.. Its a larger overall area..Terraced seating..great views.   I think this is a photo from there but there are others on the website

20240203_104726.jpg

58 minutes ago, hcat said:

pic above was mine...Here are a  few more from website/ internet

download.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-5.jpg

CelDec-93324-1701901736.jpg

I'm wondering how much use we can get from it during a TA in April perhaps first couple days then when in Spain and Portugal. Last year on Apex it was cold and windy during our crossing.

32 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm wondering how much use we can get from it during a TA in April perhaps first couple days then when in Spain and Portugal. Last year on Apex it was cold and windy during our crossing.

would probably be the same for rhe Outdoor Retreat pool area

I was on the Beyond sailing in an Aqua Class Suite.  I find the service on the pool deck average and the suite lounge a waste of time.  One problem is the fact there isn’t any seats at the bar with a bartender which takes away from the experience immensely. Having sailed on the  Norwegian Escape Haven and now Celebrities Retreat I would choose the Haven with no hesitation. 

5 minutes ago, smeck said:

I was on the Beyond sailing in an Aqua Class Suite.  I find the service on the pool deck average and the suite lounge a waste of time.  One problem is the fact there isn’t any seats at the bar with a bartender which takes away from the experience immensely. Having sailed on the  Norwegian Escape Haven and now Celebrities Retreat I would choose the Haven with no hesitation. 

I said NCL one time with friends who were in Haven.  They invited us along for 1 dinner, 1 breakfast and priority tendering.  The restaurant had all the fresh berries( none on the buffet).  They had the melon cut up for them.  Totally different experience for them vs. our balcony experience.   Btw, I love Crystal River.  Love the manatees. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 1:44 PM, MagPie60 said:

We are peasants who did a move-up to a lowly SS on Ascent at the end of January. We mostly wanted the bigger room and balcony, but were prepared to suffer the horrors of having to go to Luminae and enjoying the Retreat deck. Oh the pain!  I read the indignant Butler threads here and was prepared never to see a butler. We did see him, but never utilized his services because like I say we are basically poor, low-class plebeians. Also he was running his feet off for the high-and-mighty ones on our deck. 

I liked the Retreat deck mainly because it was quieter than the steerage pool decks. The only time we couldn't avail ourselves of an umbrella was when it was too windy. Drinks were offered by exceptionally pleasant and helpful servers on a regular basis. Perhaps we got good service despite  being the scum-of-the-earth occupants of a SS, but because we were polite and friendly to the servers? I dunno...it's hard to tell? although watching some of the entitled, unbelievably rude people there treating the staff like lowly peons was horrifying and illuminating. 

We did go to Luminae on the first night, and listened to the woman next to us criticizing the food, berating the staff and then wondering aloud to her husband if Future Cruises would be able to cancel their next booking in the Emperors Suite (or whatever) and move them to Silver seas (or whatever) It really spoiled the experience for me, although I enjoyed the food and the service. The rest of the time we did speciality dining or went to the MDR. We went to Luminae for breakfast on disembarkation day and it was so good. I wish I hadn't  let Lady Muck ruin it. 

I like to balance value with style. I would definitely use Retreat again if the price was right, but am also happy to stay with the lesser classes in basic staterooms. 

Good write..love it!

On 3/3/2024 at 6:59 PM, smeck said:

I'm gathering your talking about lack of bar seating in the Retreat Lounge yes?  The Retreat deck has seating at the bars on all E class ships.  I find the Retreat Lounge is best for quiet lounging, especially on port days.  E-class ships have wall to wall windows which are great for tranquil viewing of the ocean.  The lounge chairs and comfy sofas are perfect for curling up and reading a book in a quiet space.  Especially nice for those in sky or aqua sky suites.  On Edge, Apex and Beyond, the concierge staff and bar tenders came around and brought our favorite beverages without asking.  So much so, I was forced to say no more please.  I gather each person's experience is different so not challenging your opinion.  We have just had no issues with the Retreat Lounge or Retreat Deck services.  The cabin experiences though differed drastically and I found much better on the smaller ships.

• Like 1