Radiance OTS experts need help re Owner's Suite

Hi all,

I have done a bit of research and I was wondering which would be the best OS to book on Radiance.  I see so many posts about the noise from the deck above (everything from loud music to deck chair dancing at 5am). Are any of the OS's reasonable to book or will we be sorry?  Looking at a cruise to Alaska in 2025 with my husband, who always wants an OS on any ship.....  😉 

All of the Radiance OS are under the pool deck.  However, on an Alaska cruise it is unlikely that there will be huge parties in the wee hours since it will, in all likelihood, be fairly cold.  That said I think 1064 is located very close to underneath the front of the Dog-House, which is only open limited hours.

Will let you know in about 2 months!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

All of the Radiance OS are under the pool deck.  However, on an Alaska cruise it is unlikely that there will be huge parties in the wee hours since it will, in all likelihood, be fairly cold.  That said I think 1064 is located very close to underneath the front of the Dog-House, which is only open limited hours.

Will let you know in about 2 months!

OS cabins are not under the pool deck...they are under the connected portions of the WJ.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kath00 said:

Hi all,

I have done a bit of research and I was wondering which would be the best OS to book on Radiance.  I see so many posts about the noise from the deck above (everything from loud music to deck chair dancing at 5am). Are any of the OS's reasonable to book or will we be sorry?  Looking at a cruise to Alaska in 2025 with my husband, who always wants an OS on any ship.....  😉 

None of the OS are under the open deck area on Radiance. They are all aft of the elevator banks. The ones on the starboard side are under the WJ annex, and the ones on the port side are under the Dog House area. We have had OS on both sides on that class of ship, and have never experienced any excessive noise (and we pretty much live on our balcony).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OS cabins are not under the pool deck...they are under the connected portions of the WJ.  

Didn't say they were under the pool.  OS's are located on deck 10 - pool is located on deck 11, but they are mostly under the Doghouse as I stated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Didn't say they were under the pool.  OS's are located on deck 10 - pool is located on deck 11, but they are mostly under the Doghouse as I stated.

This was your quote:   All of the Radiance OS are under the pool deck. 

I am pretty sure the OP was talking about noise from the pool area deck directly above with bands playing, late parties, scraping chairs etc.   The OS cabins, as @orville99 also verified are all under the WJ area of deck 11 not the pool area.  

I just disembarked twin sister Serenade in a GS...which is forward of the centrum.  I did hear a lot of noise from the pool deck, loud music, parties, and scraping chairs/loungers at all hours of the night.  Very annoying at 2-4 in the morning.  

@Kathooloo...was that what you were concerned with?  You won't have to be concerned about the OS cabins...much better location than the GS cabins.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Only one of the port side OS is under the Dog House.

• Like 1

We've sailed in the OS specifically #1058 on Radiance, Jewel & Serenade. It's one of our favorites and have never had an issue with noise from above. Some of our sailings have been as long as 12-14 nights.

This category is our go to now regardless of what ship. I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 1:58 PM, Ashland said:

We've sailed in the OS specifically #1058 on Radiance, Jewel & Serenade. It's one of our favorites and have never had an issue with noise from above. Some of our sailings have been as long as 12-14 nights.

This category is our go to now regardless of what ship. I hope you enjoy it.

Do you get all of the suite perks?  I know Radiance isn't part of the Sky/Star class scheme so it's been difficult to nail down exactly what the advantages to the OS are.

I don't know if bed location is an issue, but I always book a suite with the left side of the bed closer to the sliding glass doors and the right side closer to the vanity.  I sleep on the right side and DH won't be in my way when I'm doing my hair/make-up at the vanity.  We're sailing on the Jewel in a few months in OS #1060 with this bed location. 

Agree about the cool pool in Alaska.  😉   We are once again booked in a GS B2B on Radiance Alaska next to the RS on the hump out.  I think it will be a better location than the one we just departed from on Serenade which was forward of the hump and directly under the pool deck.  That pool was very busy for most of the 63 nights we were on board...well except when we were in Antarctica.  😉 

But being the pool deck won't be tropical heat rocking up there in Alaska either, that will definitely help as well.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2024 at 11:49 PM, orville99 said:

None of the OS are under the open deck area on Radiance. They are all aft of the elevator banks. The ones on the starboard side are under the WJ annex, and the ones on the port side are under the Dog House area. We have had OS on both sides on that class of ship, and have never experienced any excessive noise (and we pretty much live on our balcony).

Did you have any noise from scraping chairs from the WJ in the morning?

2 hours ago, mo-chuck said:

Did you have any noise from scraping chairs from the WJ in the morning?

No, we never heard anything from there.