Free at Sea Specialty Dining

Hooley

My wife and I have 2 specialty restaurant meals each on our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  This is our first Norwegian cruise.  I could not find any information on exactly what was included at Cagney's.  On Chat, an agent told me that each meal included one appetizer, one entree and one dessert.  When I asked about sides, he said that if a side was not included in the entree description, it would be at extra cost.  It seemed strange that we'd have to pay extra for a side item.  I've gotten bad answers before from chat agents.  Is this true? Thanks.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Cagneys-Dinner_Mobile-Menu_010224.pdf

Where you see "Dining Package Supplement", that's where you pay extra on top of your SDP.

Otherwise...

"An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). No sharing or to go orders permitted. "

20 minutes ago, Hooley said:

My wife and I have 2 specialty restaurant meals each on our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  This is our first Norwegian cruise.  I could not find any information on exactly what was included at Cagney's.  On Chat, an agent told me that each meal included one appetizer, one entree and one dessert.  When I asked about sides, he said that if a side was not included in the entree description, it would be at extra cost.  It seemed strange that we'd have to pay extra for a side item.  I've gotten bad answers before from chat agents.  Is this true? Thanks.

No, it’s not true.  For the a-la-carte restaurants you an appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert.  As far as sides, I believe the rule is two per person, but I may be wrong about that. If I recall correctly at Cagneys we usually each get two and share them all. 

At Cagneys specifically we've always been allowed to pick 2 sides each. Sometimes I even get a side as an app instead because I until I realized I could get that iceberg wedge salad without all the icky blue cheese I had nothing to pick from (I'm a PITA with food). So I would get 3 sides total, and just get the baked potato to come out as an app.

When you get there, just let the wait staff know you're using a dining credit and they'll explain everything to you and let you know how much wiggle room (if any) there is.

16 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

just let the wait staff know you're using a dining credit

On my recent cruise they ASKED so they could be sure they gave the right direction for ordering.  Granted - I was dining as part of a larger group of solos...

54 minutes ago, Hooley said:

You get one appetizer, one soup/salad, one entree,  sides, sauce, and one dessert at Cagney's. 

Example of an order

image.thumb.png.ce1a684380f8fa937b78638255ce765d.png

Example of sides

image.png.148b17a00e6b08d58c13ca29e16f0b41.png