Wandering on Wonder Week 2/25/24

6 hours ago, cruising twosome said:

Looking forward to the review…..we get on when you get off……take care of her!  Have fun!

Will take good care of her and hope to bring her in safely to pick you up!   Have a fantabulous cruise!  🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Havin'fun said:

Love your reviews!  

Currently having major cruise withdrawals and following along with your adventures will most definitely help ☺️

Have a wonderful time!

Awww...thanks!  Bucky and I do seem to have a cruise addiction.  😉 

• Like 4

Weird set up trying to pull into parking garage this morning, but easy drop off of our bags at 9:45 am.  Enjoyed our Grills Bloody Marys with a good view of our home away from home this week.  😉 

20240225_095646.jpg

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was overjoyed to find that our favorite CK hostess, Grace, was back on board from vacation.  She is the best!!!   🙂  

20240225_112136.jpg

Grace was there when we were on, I thought she was going home? Ask her?

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

Weird set up trying to pull into parking garage this morning, but easy drop off of our bags at 9:45 am.  Enjoyed our Grills Bloody Marys with a good view of our home away from home this week.  😉 

20240225_095646.jpg

I'll bite.  What was so weird about it?

16 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Grace was there when we were on, I thought she was going home? Ask her?

OK...we will.  When we were last on board in November, she told us she was leaving on vacation and would not be here when we boarded today.  Will have a better chance to talk her later...she was slammed as usual being embarkation day.  

• Like 1

As many cruises as we have been on out of PC...we have never been lucky enough to watch a rocket or (years ago) shuttle launch from the ship...just land based. 

Supposedly one just after 5 pm today, hope we get lucky this time!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BND said:

I'll bite.  What was so weird about it?

Was all blocked off and they made us go all the way out again after dropping off our checked bags,  rejoining the massive traffic back up, just to come all the way back around the circle again.... before going up the ramp.  Not sure why they were doing that.  It was a mess.

Once up the ramp, very easy to find a spot.  Maybe it was just early, but it was almost 10 am.  Usually the parking garage opens at 9:30.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

As many cruises as we have been on out of PC...we have never been lucky enough to watch a rocket or (years ago) shuttle launch from the ship...just land based. 

Supposedly one just after 5 pm today, hope we get lucky this time!

We saw two in Jan when we were in PC just after our Wonder b2b.

As for the garage, our friends who live on Merritt Island dropped us off at the terminal and kept our car at their house and then picked us up so I don't know how they handled it then.  

Hi Patricia. I loved following you on your World Cruise and looking forward to your next segment in July. Seen places we probably won't get to visit. Thanks for taking us along!

We have good friends along with his two brothers and their wives on this sailing. Hoping to see them in your photos. 

Enjoy Wonder. Smooth sailing! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jjtt said:

Hi Patricia. I loved following you on your World Cruise and looking forward to your next segment in July. Seen places we probably won't get to visit. Thanks for taking us along!

We have good friends along with his two brothers and their wives on this sailing. Hoping to see them in your photos. 

Enjoy Wonder. Smooth sailing! 

Thanks!  So sweet of you to say so.  ☺️

Hopefully we will get lucky and see them.  🙂 

2 hours ago, BND said:

We saw two in Jan when we were in PC just after our Wonder b2b.

As for the garage, our friends who live on Merritt Island dropped us off at the terminal and kept our car at their house and then picked us up so I don't know how they handled it then.  

Nice.   When we lived on Merritt Island for 20 years, we simply called a taxi to take us to the port...a whole 3 mile trip.  😉   We got to leave our car in the garage.  Now... we are 20 miles away and drive to the port, parking in the garage.  No big deal, but do miss that short drive.  

• Like 1

Sooo...this was a first.   Seeing the rocket launch from the ship as we were sailing away...though it was not much better than seeing it from our back yard...but still cool.  😉  

Have to apologize for my crappy phone camera.  I do promise to trade it in for a better one before we rejoin Serenade WC in July.  😇

20240225_170831.jpg

• Like 13

OK...let me ask all of you this....what is better than a perfect sunset at sail away?   My answer...a perfect sunset dropping into a lovely glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc of course.  😄 

20240225_181240.jpg

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...let me ask all of you this....what is better than a perfect sunset at sail away?   My answer...a perfect sunset dropping into a lovely glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc of course.  😄 

20240225_181240.jpg

Perfect!  Looking forward to your reviews. Will be on Wonder next week.  Have a fantastic cruise and have a great time!

• Like 1