Wandering on Wonder Week 2/25/24

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Was all blocked off and they made us go all the way out again after dropping off our checked bags,  rejoining the massive traffic back up, just to come all the way back around the circle again.... before going up the ramp.  Not sure why they were doing that.  It was a mess.

Once up the ramp, very easy to find a spot.  Maybe it was just early, but it was almost 10 am.  Usually the parking garage opens at 9:30.  

On our last cruise we didn’t arrive quite as early as you did but we had the same kind of traffic pattern. We were going around in circles, cris-crossing with the new incoming traffic. It was an absolute mess! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perfect match said:

On our last cruise we didn’t arrive quite as early as you did but we had the same kind of traffic pattern. We were going around in circles, cris-crossing with the new incoming traffic. It was an absolute mess! 

We have a 10:30am check in.  How early should we arrive due to the 'mess'?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Perfect!  Looking forward to your reviews. Will be on Wonder next week.  Have a fantastic cruise and have a great time!

Thanks and happy cruising to you as well next week!  🙂  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

OMG...so totally unorganized!   And we were not the only confused ones.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jjtt said:

Yes, perfect combo of the sunset and wine! Love those on our cruises too!! 

I had a nightmare the day before we boarded that they were out of Kim Crawford!!!  😮  😄    Memories of shortages on Serenade I guess.  😉 

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

We have a 10:30am check in.  How early should we arrive due to the 'mess'?  

The garage opens at 9:30...not sure why they want to drive us crazy.  Uggh...but was worth it for prime parking spot on level 2 in the end.  😉 

• Like 3

Pulled into Coco Cay this morning to dock next to neighbor Odyssey.   Eeekkk...don't walk around naked in your cabin with the curtain open!  😮  😬

Will do our usual, walk all the way down to the end, grab a couple of Coco Locos for a walk back on the other side and what is left of the nature trail (which isn't much now).   Then hit the Chill Grill for fresh made tacos.  And ice cream cone for dessert and the walk back.  

With we being fully booked (6 K approximately) and Odyssey that can take approx. 5 K....going to be a very very busy little island.  Lots and lots of kiddos.  

20240226_070220.jpg

20240226_090145.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, island lady said:

The garage opens at 9:30...not sure why they want to drive us crazy.  Uggh...but was worth it for prime parking spot on level 2 in the end.  😉 

Not to be argumentative, but last week's passengers will be disembarking starting around 7:15 and a steady stream of them will be exiting the parking garage ... so how can it open at 9:30?  

You're talking about Port Canaveral.  They don't have human beings taking money in the parking garage ... just a machine.  I'm thinking the parking garage is open 24/7.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks so much for letting me know.  Will get there early to deal with the mess. Great job finding a prime parking spot!🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Not to be argumentative, but last week's passengers will be disembarking starting around 7:15 and a steady stream of them will be exiting the parking garage ... so how can it open at 9:30?  

You're talking about Port Canaveral.  They don't have human beings taking money in the parking garage ... just a machine.  I'm thinking the parking garage is open 24/7.  

Wrong on two counts.  Garage DOES open at 9:30 (have done entrance at that time several times in the last few months).   Have always asked the porters at drop off what time the garage opens...it's always an answer of 9:30...though I think they may be changing that to 10 am...but we were parked inside on level two at 9:45 yesterday morning.

And yes...there IS a person taking your card as you pull up to the CC machine.  For some reason they have an attendant standing there who will take your card from you and insert into machine for payment, then give you your receipt.  And for some reason they ask you if you are on Wonder...though it's the only ship sitting there.  

And yes...I know a little bit about Port Canaveral...since I live just 20 miles away and have cruised many many times from there.  Previously lived on Merritt Island 20 years, just 3 miles away

And no...the parking garage is not open for entrance 24/7.  

Where are you getting your information from?  

People also ask

How early can you park at Port Canaveral?

Parking lot security gate opens at 9:30am and closes at 2:45am.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Thanks so much for letting me know.  Will get there early to deal with the mess. Great job finding a prime parking spot!🙂

You are most welcome.  I am not sure why they were getting everyone messed up as they did yesterday, since the garage indeed opens at 9:30 (used to be earlier, but they limited the entry time to that).  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Weird set up trying to pull into parking garage this morning, but easy drop off of our bags at 9:45 am.  Enjoyed our Grills Bloody Marys with a good view of our home away from home this week.  😉 

20240225_095646.jpg

You can't get much closer than that.🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did our usual walk around and even walked down the rocky coastline to the new Hideaway beach.  There is a sandy path roped off separate from teh tram road and then ends at Hideaway.  Had no desire to book the area so no pictures of inside.  We assumed we could then cut along the road where the walkway ends...and then head to South Beach.  But nope...got yelled at we could not walk the tram path.  Ughh..so we had to walk all the way back to the pier/entrance to cross through there.  Not walking friendly...I guess they think everyone should do the trams.  Oh well. 

Cool shots of the aft ends of Odyssey and Wonder from that road, and noticed the newly planted tropical plants and trees along the walkway/road and along the rocky shoreline were in terrible shape.  They are all dying.  So we found this fake metal palm tree...which is in healthy good shape.  😄  

20240226_102456.jpg

20240226_103709.jpg

20240226_103602.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You are most welcome.  I am not sure why they were getting everyone messed up as they did yesterday, since the garage indeed opens at 9:30 (used to be earlier, but they limited the entry time to that).  

We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.  Greatly appreciate you making us aware of what is going on.  Have a fantastic day!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.  Greatly appreciate you making us aware of what is going on.  Have a fantastic day!

And you as well!   Enjoy your upcoming cruise!  🙂 

12 minutes ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Thank you!🙂 Looking forward to our cruise next week with our friends.  Thanks for posting and will enjoy reading your reviews/seeing pictures!  Cheers!

We are indeed enjoying ourselves.  I know you will also.  Cheers back at 'cha!  😊🥂

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 6:26 PM, island lady said:

OK...here we go again.  Filling in some time between now and rejoining Serenade in Barcelona in July, we have Wonder tomorrow and Allure in May.  All packed and ready to head out to the "long and exhausting" whew!!.....drive of 20 miles to the port from home tomorrow.  Pictures to follow on boarding day.  🙂 

20240224_132215.jpg

I hope you and Bucky have another wonderful cruise Patricia.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you and Bucky have another wonderful cruise Patricia.

Thanks my friend!  🥰  Hope you and Pauline are doing well.  Say hello to her for us!  

• Thanks 1

Have InTENse booked for 7:45 tonight.   Heads up...since all the "seats" are wooden benches, simply bring a beach towel, folded up for the "aft end" to sit on .   Makes a big difference.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Totally new show for InTENse.   Much more high dive acts, less floating ladies.  Was very well received by the masses...and OMG...the place was full!  Even though they had the acts last night, and another one scheduled for later tonight...not a seat available at start up.  

Only bad thing was the drink waiter tried to pass off a glass of wine that was not Kim Crawford...I sent it back, he brought the actual bottle to pour into my glass and told me I was right about the mistake.  Don't try to fool this wino.  😉 

20240226_190931.jpg

20240226_200611.jpg

20240226_201827.jpg

20240226_202005.jpg

• Like 13