Holiday Inn Express west

delgirl

We are due on Iona in march. We are staying at the holiday inn express night before. Check out time to room is 11.00 am. Can we stay downstairs when we check out until our boarding time which is 14.30, or do we have to leave and park up somewhere in southampton.

13 minutes ago, delgirl said:

We are due on Iona in march. We are staying at the holiday inn express night before. Check out time to room is 11.00 am. Can we stay downstairs when we check out until our boarding time which is 14.30, or do we have to leave and park up somewhere in southampton.

You can remain in the hotel lounge/restaurant area for as long as you like, we have done that many times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Palaceman said:

Why not contact Holiday Inn. They may offer you a later check out time.

We did this last year and were told that 11am was check out time and couldn't be changed so we checked out at 11am and went into Southampton and took a look around the shops until it was time to go to the docks.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We did this last year and were told that 11am was check out time and couldn't be changed so we checked out at 11am and went into Southampton and took a look around the shops until it was time to go to the docks.

But that's only to check out of your room, no hotel is going to throw you out of the lounge or coffee shop.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, delgirl said:

We have stayed at that hotel and although a no frills hotel, it does have an area as a bar/cafe downstairs where you can no doubt wait and buy the odd coffee if you wish.  We have not been there pre cruise, so not sure how busy that area is on those days, but have booked it for a future cruise.  There is also a pub that is walkable and another that is attached to the Premier Inn Nursling which is not far away.  Holing up somewhere like that may be easier than wandering aimlessly around Southampton, which would be our other alternative.

Thank you all for your replies. Will see how we feel on the morning of our cruise but will probably stay there and buy a few teas and coffees and set out about 1.30. I know its not far but by the time we have queued to get on ocean terminal car park don't think we will be far off from 2.30.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, delgirl said:

Thank you all for your replies. Will see how we feel on the morning of our cruise but will probably stay there and buy a few teas and coffees and set out about 1.30. I know its not far but by the time we have queued to get on ocean terminal car park don't think we will be far off from 2.30.

The restaurant area at this hotel, which is used for breakfast, is generally completely empty by 11:00am. We stayed there until about 2:30 back in 2017 watching Hudds Town play Sheff Wed in the Championship play offs on our tablet.

No problem you can check out of your room by 11am and then sit in small area or dining area nr reception for as long as you want. You can also get coffee/tea free from machines in restaurant. We sat there until 1pm last year with no problems and some Americans who also stayed at hotel didn't have a boarding time until 3pm and we're staying in hotel.

23 hours ago, tring said:

We have stayed at that hotel and although a no frills hotel, it does have an area as a bar/cafe downstairs where you can no doubt wait and buy the odd coffee if you wish.  We have not been there pre cruise, so not sure how busy that area is on those days, but have booked it for a future cruise.  There is also a pub that is walkable and another that is attached to the Premier Inn Nursling which is not far away.  Holing up somewhere like that may be easier than wandering aimlessly around Southampton, which would be our other alternative.

You don't have to but coffee/tea you can help yourself free from the machines in restaurant.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

No problem you can check out of your room by 11am and then sit in small area or dining area nr reception for as long as you want. You can also get coffee/tea free from machines in restaurant. We sat there until 1pm last year with no problems and some Americans who also stayed at hotel didn't have a boarding time until 3pm and we're staying in hotel.

Yes we were able to get free tea and coffee after check out a few years ago, but I did not mention it as I thought that had changed by last year, but I may have been mistaken.  Just had free access to the coffee machine

Edited by tring

5 hours ago, tring said:

Yes we were able to get free tea and coffee after check out a few years ago, but I did not mention it as I thought that had changed by last year, but I may have been mistaken.  Just had free access to the coffee machine

No it hasn't changed or at least it hadn't in November last year.

• Like 1