MARINER DRYDOCK UPGRADES

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

That is still set for Nov of 2025 yes?

So I have heard.  One change  I would like to see is to move pool bar to pool deck port side forward; where ping pong table and storage locker are located.  Mariner so much larger than Voyager so shouldn't be a problem with Pacific Rim.  Grandeur has a number of problems but the pool deck is absolutely fantastic with plenty of space especially shade and stage.

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

So I have heard.  One change  I would like to see is to move pool bar to pool deck port side forward; where ping pong table and storage locker are located.  Mariner so much larger than Voyager so shouldn't be a problem with Pacific Rim.  Grandeur has a number of problems but the pool deck is absolutely fantastic with plenty of space especially shade and stage.

I've hear they are considering changing ships for WC in the future....

22 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I've hear they are considering changing ships for WC in the future....

SPLENDOR will do the world cruise in 27.  

Also MAJOR refits are planned for both VOYAGER and MARINER.  We are talking top to bottom overhauls.  They will be like new ships.  In fact I believe they will be “reintroduced” to the market like new ships.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eroller said:

SPLENDOR will do the world cruise in 27.  

Also MAJOR refits are planned for both VOYAGER and MARINER.  We are talking top to bottom overhauls.  They will be like new ships.  In fact I believe they will be “reintroduced” to the market like new ships.  

I heard the discussion was between Explorer and Splendor with no decision as yet made. The drydock dates for Mariner and Voyager have been out for a while but I don't think anyone has leaked the details yet although they were determined almost a year ago.

43 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I heard the discussion was between Explorer and Splendor with no decision as yet made. The drydock dates for Mariner and Voyager have been out for a while but I don't think anyone has leaked the details yet although they were determined almost a year ago.

It’s SPLENDOR for the 27’ world cruise and all I can say about the refits is they are major.  

And who knows, you might also be hearing about a new class of ship being ordered.  

Exciting things in the works at Regent.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eroller said:

It’s SPLENDOR for the 27’ world cruise and all I can say about the refits is they are major.  

And who knows, you might also be hearing about a new class of ship being ordered.  

Exciting things in the works at Regent.   

I think we know the same people...

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I was on Voyager very recently, often dining with several titanium-level passengers. The general manager had a short conversation with the woman next to me about the upgrades planned for Voyager next year. Unfortunately, my bad memory means that I don’t remember any details, but he did emphasize that the changes would be extensive and significant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjs217 said:

I wonder if Regent is looking into acquiring an expedition ship, as that is all the rage.  Do some of you who are in know, know?

My understanding is no.  For whatever reason, NCLH is not jumping on the expedition bandwagon.  

If there is a major refit of the Mariner, I hope they will get rid of all the tub/shower combinations. They are not ADA compliant. Insufficient headroom, and not accessible for persons with any leg disorders.

• Like 6