Dawn Current Status

mugtech

Could someone please bring us up to date on the shortened cruise on the Dawn, compensation offered, and any restrictions on the ship concerning food.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Could someone please bring us up to date on the shortened cruise on the Dawn, compensation offered, and any restrictions on the ship concerning food.  Thank you.

I read on other site no self serve in buffet lost one port I believe Madagascar can’t remember the compensation given in addition to refund for two lost days. They were put up in hotels and given a $75 a day food allowance 

• Thanks 1

According to cruise mapper, it was on the island of Reunion today…today was supposed to be Antsiranana Madagascar …they’re a couple days behind in the itinerary, so assuming a couple ports will be skipped (perhaps all of Madagascar will be skipped ) in order to get back on original itinerary?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I would be extremely disappointed to miss Madagascar.

Agree! I booked my Cape Town roundrtrip not long ago at all when solo price had dropped. When I looked at what Dawn was up to before my cruise I thought "Oh, THAT would have been nice" about Madagaskar, and even cursed a little bit for missing that opportunity. Must be a big disappointment to many! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I would be extremely disappointed to miss Madagascar.

Would hate to miss a Risk territory.  Cancelled the TP when they eliminated Kamchatka.

• Haha 1