Question for recent Emerald cruisers - re: lotion

kcl491

I haven't cruised Princess for awhile.  I believe most cruise ships now have refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel in the bathrooms.  Is any body lotion provided or should I bring my own?  Thanks.  Will be embarking on the Emerald next Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, kcl491 said:

I haven't cruised Princess for awhile.  I believe most cruise ships now have refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel in the bathrooms.  Is any body lotion provided or should I bring my own?  Thanks.  Will be embarking on the Emerald next Wednesday.

Yes, there is lotion in the bathroom next to the hand soap.

32 minutes ago, kcl491 said:

It’s not the same lotion, as it used to be.  Eucalyptus scent lotion.  We definitely bring our own.

• Like 3

Take your own bath and hair products.  One of our members recently took a photo of the dispensers in the shower and there was mold growing on the bottom of the containers.  Also, it’s Dollar Store junk and it’s not certified cruelty free, which is important to me.  I take my own in small travel containers and put them in a zip lock bag.  Works great!

• Like 4

Bring your products if you are not a Eucalyptus fan.  We cruised last fall and again in February and Princess offered a Eucalyptus lotion, shampoo, conditioner which I was very thankful I had brought products to use in New Zealand. I use the bar shanpoo, conditioner and lotions so they travel well and are scents I am comfortable. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lala_2023 said:

Bring your products if you are not a Eucalyptus fan.  We cruised last fall and again in February and Princess offered a Eucalyptus lotion, shampoo, conditioner which I was very thankful I had brought products to use in New Zealand. I use the bar shanpoo, conditioner and lotions so they travel well and are scents I am comfortable. 

I like the lotion and hand soap but never would think of using the body wash or shampoo or conditioner, especially after what @Lady Arwen noted about the mold.  Ick!  

On 2/29/2024 at 9:07 AM, PacnGoNow said:

It’s not the same lotion, as it used to be.  Eucalyptus scent lotion.  We definitely bring our own.

A few minutes after you put on that thin, astringent "lotion" it feels like you haven't used any. We each bought lotion at a port stop.

24 minutes ago, Teechur said:

A few minutes after you put on that thin, astringent "lotion" it feels like you haven't used any. We each bought lotion at a port stop.

And sometimes you get in an elevator and everyone smells the same eucalyptus 

• Haha 1

Just now, Serious Cruisers said:

And sometimes you get in an elevator and everyone smells the same eucalyptus 

Can't be the Princess eycalyptus then, because the smell fades away in seconds.

3 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

20240302_020333.thumb.jpg.87681404bba779f96ba1ec393ea8b23b.jpg 

20240302_020325.thumb.jpg.ac4bfc376c470c74d42ae8552c0fc0b5.jpg

These are now Collecters items. Currently a thin lotion in a pump, not very moisturizing at all!

25 minutes ago, eqj60 said:

These are now Collecters items.

I know. That's why I have one. 😄
But substance in the pump is the same.

11 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

This thread reminded me to pack some lotion. I will be at the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas a few days before the cruise, so I will bring some of theirs as it's very high quality. Probably bring some of their shampoo and bar soap too. Maybe the sheets and towels as well. 😉

• Haha 2

I realize that many seem to have loved the Eucalyptus scented products that Princess had. I despise them. The scent is overpowering and give me an instant headache. My wife never used the stuff. She does use lotion but a much better lotion that she buys herself that is unscented. Why is everything so powerfully scented?

6 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

It is not the same.  I had the tube with me in a travel bag and compared it to what is in the pumps.  The smell is the same.

It’s a watered down version and thin.  Doesn’t even soak in.  We liked the original one. 

• Like 1