What fare when you make a future cruise deposit

I’ll be on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and plan to make a FCD on a cruise. But - what cruise fare do I receive with the booking?  The non refundable fare, which is considerably lower, or will the cruise fare be the refundable type which is considerably higher. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Posted (edited)

To add, there are no special or reduced fares associated with on board bookings.  The published fare for your selected category is what is issued.  Your on board booking benefit is a reduced deposit requirement and some amount of OBC with the booking.  You also cannot apply any OBC from your sailing to the booking as it must be charged directly to your credit card.

I include this to expand on the OP's question only in case it may be asked.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You can select either RF or NR.    The pricing will be whatever promotion is in place at time of booking.   You can check the pricing in advance by doing a mock booking and there is an option to change to a Refundable.    It is a rather high surcharge.

Booking a NRD cruise while aboard only ties up $200 (maybe more for a suite?)

If cruise needs to be cancelled prior to 90 days out that is all that is lost. We will lose $200 for cancelling next year's Edge cruise because plans have changed. Travel insurance premiums for "cancel for any reason" would likely have been well in excess of $200, so we view that NRD as a loss we can absorb.

• Like 1

On our recent cruise ( Equinox-Feb15-24) they offered a 75% discount off the 2nd passenger, a $100 per person deposit, a lower price for NR deposit, plus additional OBC depending on the cabin and number of nights of the cruise. 
You have the option of booking with the basic drink + wifi package + gratuities added at time of booking, or book only the cruise and have the gratuities added to your account daily .

Tell ‘em you heard it from me and that you promise not the remove the Gratuities, eat tooo much, not be a lounge hog , cheer like crazy when the CD shouts “ Do we have any Canadiens on board “, and that you will listen carefully to the Captain’s daily announcement of the vessel’s location and the height of the seas.

Note that most of the benefits go away if you're booking a suite. OBC is the only thing you get.

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

cheer like crazy when the CD shouts “ Do we have any Canadiens on board “

I don't think I've ever seen one of the players on a cruise ship...