East coast cruise/Emerald ship

We are cruising August 28th to Sept 7th. We have to leave the ship early and wanted to know if anyone has ever taken a flight from Saguenay to Montreal?

Or how is the flight from Quebec City to Montreal?  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Mwittstock said:

We are cruising August 28th to Sept 7th. We have to leave the ship early and wanted to know if anyone has ever taken a flight from Saguenay to Montreal?

You will have to get permission from Princess to leave cruise early. There may not be immigration officers available in all ports

There are very few flights from Quebec City to Montreal.  Either early morning or mid/late afternoon.  Agree with customs and immigrations if getitng off early.  

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are very few flights from Quebec City to Montreal.  Either early morning or mid/late afternoon.  Agree with customs and immigrations if getitng off early.  

The train from Quebec to Montreal is a good option

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mwittstock said:

We did Quebec City to Montreal flight, it's a quick commuter flight. 

36 minutes ago, memoak said:

You will have to get permission from Princess to leave cruise early. There may not be immigration officers available in all ports

Yes I’ve been in contact with Princess, they have to fill out a form for us. 

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

In leaving the ship early, did you want to just leave the ship the day prior (not spend the night on the ship in Quebec City)?  

I am thinking about leaving the ship in Saguenay (the port before Quebec City)- they have flights to Montreal. 

• Like 1

I wish we were able to sail on to Montreal but appreciate the extra night on the ship at Quebec.

(HAL cruises to Montreal. Apparently, Princess ships are too tall to clear a bridge along the way.)

We will take the Princess excursion bus from Quebec City that stops in Old Montreal and then delivers us to the Airport. We will spend the night and fly out early the next morning.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:19 PM, Mwittstock said:

There are not a lot of options for Saguenay to Montreal.  Here is a screenshot from Air Canada for the day (I believe) you may be interested in.  Flying from Quebec to Montreal is pretty much the same thing; more choices and somewhat shorter flight time.

Screenshot_20240303_191006_Chrome.jpg

On 3/3/2024 at 6:04 PM, Teechur said:

I wish we were able to sail on to Montreal but appreciate the extra night on the ship at Quebec.

(HAL cruises to Montreal. Apparently, Princess ships are too tall to clear a bridge along the way.)

We will take the Princess excursion bus from Quebec City that stops in Old Montreal and then delivers us to the Airport. We will spend the night and fly out early the next morning.

I have searched for a hotel with a free airport shuttle, but haven't found one.  Have you?  If you don't mind...:-)

Posted (edited)

We are staying at the Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel. I believe they have a shuttle but sometimes things change without notice. My room with senior discount is $277.15 Canadian or $205.30 American.

Note: They advertise 24-hour free shuttle in their description.

Edited by Teechur
Added a line.

26 minutes ago, mbglib said:

I have searched for a hotel with a free airport shuttle, but haven't found one.  Have you?  If you don't mind...:-)

Assuming we're talking about Montreal airport, if you'd like to avoid even needing to take a shuttle, there is an excellent and hugely convenient Marriott physically attached to the International/Transborder terminal at YUL. The Sheraton is a great hotel and quite close (even walkable in a pinch) but the Marriott can't be beaten for convenience.  You don't even go outside when walking to your check-in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Assuming we're talking about Montreal airport, if you'd like to avoid even needing to take a shuttle, there is an excellent and hugely convenient Marriott physically attached to the International/Transborder terminal at YUL. The Sheraton is a great hotel and quite close (even walkable in a pinch) but the Marriott can't be beaten for convenience.  You don't even go outside when walking to your check-in.

It's $427 Canadian or $316 American for a similar room. The extra U.S $111 will buy us dinner and drinks.😁

I noticed that all of the Marriott properties near the airport include a free shuttle.

https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels

23 minutes ago, Teechur said:

It's $427 Canadian or $316 American for a similar room. The extra U.S $111 will buy us dinner and drinks.😁

I noticed that all of the Marriott properties near the airport include a free shuttle.

https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels

Thanks, but I was thinking she was talking about the Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport.  I could have misread though. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 9:19 AM, Mwittstock said:

wanted to know if anyone has ever taken a flight from Saguenay to Montreal?

I've never done it, but your only choice is Air Canada to YUL. Pascan used to fly to YHB, but I don't see it on the schedule anymore.

Edited by mahasamatman