Mariner tiles

8 hours ago, ellieanne said:

This was what happened on our cruise in September...

may have been the same cruise (if you were on the Sep. 3 cruise from Montreal that missed St. Anthony due to weather and Bar Harbor due to an as-yet unsatisfactorily explained scheduled maintenance delay...yes, I am STILL bitter about that).

Don't be bitter.  Shortens your life.  Sometimes you just can't change things.  Maybe on your next cruise, you can request extra tiles.  I've done that. Now, I am about to remodel a bathroom and tile a wall with these tiles.  I have so many it's ridiculous. Hang in there and maybe you'll be luckier on your next cruise, if there is one.

We received a total of 5 tiles on our recent legendary voyage. The fifth was huge...more like a trivet size. Added a bit of weight to our luggage!

Got off the Eurodam two weeks ago. They are still busy handing out the 150 year anniversary tegels/tiles on the day prior to disembarkation day, so no ship-specific tiles for now

41-HAL150-jaar-300x300.jpg

5 hours ago, albingirl said:

Don't be bitter.  Shortens your life.  Sometimes you just can't change things.  Maybe on your next cruise, you can request extra tiles.  I've done that. Now, I am about to remodel a bathroom and tile a wall with these tiles.  I have so many it's ridiculous. Hang in there and maybe you'll be luckier on your next cruise, if there is one.

My parents did that. Note that the cork needs to come off the back and some of the newer tiles are thinner than older ones/regular purchased tiles, so you'll need to allow for that when you set them.
But their bathroom looks fabulous! They used the tiles as a highlight on the back wall of the tub surround and as highlights on the backsplash behind the sink. The color matched the blue of the tile for the wall paint and it really does look great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our recent back to back on Oosterdam, we received the Vista class tile on the first segment and the 150th on the second. One for each of us. We did not take them with us. The only ones I think we would keep if it was voyage specific, like the one we have from the final voyage of the old Statendam.

14 hours ago, ellieanne said:

My parents did that. Note that the cork needs to come off the back and some of the newer tiles are thinner than older ones/regular purchased tiles, so you'll need to allow for that when you set them.
But their bathroom looks fabulous! They used the tiles as a highlight on the back wall of the tub surround and as highlights on the backsplash behind the sink. The color matched the blue of the tile for the wall paint and it really does look great.

In addition, some of the newer tiles are slightly larger than the old ones. I made coaster holders for ours and discovered that the new ones from last year won’t fit.