Booking on line no option to select Plus or Premium. Goes straight to Standard

This is new - trying to make an on-line booking, but there is never an option to select Plus or Premium.  Once the room is selected/reserved, the total price is shown with Princess Standard.  I've even tried putting in guest information in hopes there might be the option just prior to the payment/deposit.  

At this moment I don't want to commit to either cruise I'm looking at by making a deposit - to see if maybe there is an option for the Plus or Premium once a booking is made

I've restarted my laptop, and opened a new browser tab for the bookings.

Has anyone else noticed this?  It was doing it last night (2-29-2024) and now today.

Princess has a really strange place to select Standard or Plus/Premier.  It is when you first enter the search window...yes, when you are setting your filters.  

• Thanks 1

Yes, happened to us today.  We booked without the plus package we wanted.  Then talked to our Princess Rep later and she got it added on.  

Posted (edited)

Now that you mention - yes the option for Plus or Standard can be ticked on the first "page."  Although there is no option for Premium on that "page."  

Every other time I've booked, I select my cabin type, then I select my cabin location, and then a page shows Standard, Plus, and Premium prices.  Once I select the one I want the final price is next.  The page that is missing the the Standard, Plus and Premium.  That gives one the chance to evaluate the difference in price.

Premier, sorry, not Premium.

Edited by greenbeanie
  • Like 2

Same.   

I've been watching a particular cruise for the past few weeks.  As of a couple days ago, the page with the pricing selection ( 3 charts with standard / plus / premier ) has disappeared.   The selection page is just gone.  

The cabin selection paged showed "1 left" but when I clicked thru to the locations and deck plans to choose the cabin, there were more than 1 to choose from. So that is just wrong too.

I tried what another poster suggested - selecting Plus when I search cruises.  That showed Plus on the search page but when I clicked all the way thru one cruise, it reverted to standard.  

The Princess IT gremlins at work again!  🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

From what I’ve noticed, it gives you the option only on the pricier cabins .. not inside or obstructed cabins unless you click on the Plus, on the first screen.  

This doesn't work for me.  No matter what I click, what cabin type I choose, only standard price appears.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

This doesn't work for me.  No matter what I click, what cabin type I choose, only standard price appears.  

Mea culpa. Duplicate post.

Edited by galensgrl
Duplicate post

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess has a really strange place to select Standard or Plus/Premier.  It is when you first enter the search window...yes, when you are setting your filters.  

Thank you for solving this mystery. It drove my sister crazy for a minute until she decided to call and add the packages after booking standard fare. Maybe we should have waited to upgrade to packages onboard after embarking but oh well, live and learn. Safe and happy travels everyone.

• Like 1

The same thing happened when I booked a 2026 AUS/NZ cruise the day they went on sale.  Never got the option to add a package during booking.  Now when I go to the cruise personalizer, I can add a package.  Same price, instant pay.

Perhaps Princess wants us to purchase afterwards so they get the $ up front?  I'm a bit apprehensive to purchase so soon, but I'm afraid they will increase the price of the packages.  I suppose paying now will decrease the pain at final payment!

Is this an IT bug in the sales/booking process (not the first time errors have happened)?

OR.... is this another unannounced change in the booking process that is positive for Princess and negative for guests?

• Like 3

Now there isn't even the option on the first booking screen to select Standard or Plus.

And still missing is the screen, that screen with three boxes - Standard Plus and Premier - showing what is included, and ... providing the total price for the room with each plan.  Kind of basic information needed to make a decision.

Would new Princess customers book on line when no mention is made of Plus or Premier?  Would they know it exists as an option?  Maybe hunting in the Princess website would uncover something, but that takes time, and if found, isn't mentioned in, or connected to, the booking process

This new process (or IT glitch) doesn't provide enough information to make a booking.  If it's a new process, it isn't a way to make a sale. Princess regulars might book because they would know to add on a package after the booking.   Newbies might not know this, and might look to another cruise line.  

I'm voting for IT glitch, and hope it's corrected!

• Like 2

We noticed this too, we phoned Princess and they booked our cruise over the phone, we are from the UK and there is an offer at the moment on Premium package for Plus price.  It took two phone calls,the first agent said there were no packages left to purchase on our cruise! When I phoned back the next agent could book with the correct package. 

• Like 1