Drink package question

We're mostly newbies booked on Beyond in June and have the classic drink package.  This might be a goofy question, but if a cocktail's description sounds good but it would be prepared with a premium liquor (thus outside our package), can you ask to have it made with a classic package liquor?  And would that bring the cocktail's pricing down to classic package?  I'm not thinking of the specialty drinks at Eden or Martini Bar -- just, for example, a vodka based cocktail advertised as using Grey Goose?

Posted (edited)

Most mixed cocktails are made with the same types of liquor, either with well brand liquor brands or premium brands.  The classic package typically features more well brand liquors and the premium features more top shelf liquors to make the cocktails, but the cocktail mix is the same.

As example, the classic package vodka and tonic may feature Tito's vodka, whereas the premium package may feature Gray Goose.  Same drink - different levels of liquor. But If you have the classic package they won't likely use the Gray Goose.  They would only use that if you have the premium package, or perhaps add an upcharge to do so.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Most mixed cocktails are made with the same types of liquor, either with well brand liquor brands or premium brands.  The classic package typically features more well brand liquors and the premium features more top shelf liquors to make the cocktails, but the cocktail mix is the same. As example, the classic package vodka and tonic may feature Tito's vodka, whereas the premium package may feature Gray Goose.  Same drink - different levels of liquor.

Tito’s is on the premium package now.  

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Bartenders will try to please.  We try to frequent the same bars.  A small tip or two speeded service and selection.

Perhaps but it will not likely result in an upgraded liquor from the premium package if you paid for the classic.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Tito’s is on the premium package now.  

It was just an example to make a point, which is why I said "may feature" - not being specific to any given package.   Ok, Kettle One then.

Posted (edited)

With the exception of the Martini bar martinis and some other specialty drinks, just ask for what you want, I.e. margarita.  The bartender will ask for you card to see what package you have and will make your drink with liquor from  the Classic package.

should you order a drink that has 2 liquors and 1 is on the premium they will tell that and tell you what the upcharge would be if you still wanted that drink.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

So, if I see a cocktail on the menu that looks interesting, say, an Amsterdam Collins, I just ask the bartender to switch to something from the classic package?

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

With the exception of the Martini bar martinis and some other specialty drinks, just ask for what you want, I.e. margarita.  The bartender will ask for you card to see what package you have and will make your drink with liquor from  the Classic package.

should you order a drink that has 2 liquors and 1 is on the premium they will tell that and tell you what the upcharge would be if you still wanted that drink.

Thank you! I didn't realize that the package would be clear to the bartender up front.

7 minutes ago, cincymel said:

Thank you! I didn't realize that the package would be clear to the bartender up front.

Yes on your Sea Pass card it will have the letters CALL which is the Classic package.  PALL tells them you have the premium package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cincymel said:

As @jelayne indicates they have to have a way to know what level you have purchased and this code is the method - that is how they will determine the liquor to be used with your cocktail and the distinction between the two different packages.  There is also information published with your purchase of either package what liquor brands by type are included with each so you will know as well.

And if you order a cocktail by liquor brand type and it is not included in your package they will tell you and if you still want that particular brand will mix it for you at a surcharge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cincymel said:

We're mostly newbies booked on Beyond in June and have the classic drink package.  This might be a goofy question, but if a cocktail's description sounds good but it would be prepared with a premium liquor (thus outside our package), can you ask to have it made with a classic package liquor?  And would that bring the cocktail's pricing down to classic package?  I'm not thinking of the specialty drinks at Eden or Martini Bar -- just, for example, a vodka based cocktail advertised as using Grey Goose?

We really like the premium margharita in Craft Social.
But, what we've found is when you ask for a margharita they don't prepare the top shelf unless you are very specific and point it out on the menu.  The 'regular' margharita is offered on the classic package - the top shelf on the premium package.  I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but it does point to making cocktails with well vs premium liquor.

• Like 1

Mixed drinks are typically made with "well liquor", not premium. When you have the premium package, always specify the premium liquor you want. IE. bloody mary with Grey Goose.