Silver Muse January 2026

Baz-t

Not sure - but - we are on a March 2026 cruise and the excursions are open for a few ports already. The only issue is that there are no specific timings, they are all provisionally scheduled for 9.00 am, even the “sunset catamaran” evening trip!

I guess it’s just too early for the fine details and, obviously, not all excursions have been finalised thus far out.

We’ve secured a few at this stage, on the advice of the SS UK office. They suggested making the booking to guarantee a place and then sort timings out later.

23 minutes ago, Pies4u said:

We’ve secured a few at this stage, on the advice of the SS UK office. They suggested making the booking to guarantee a place and then sort timings out later.

It is more than just guaranteeing a place. If Silversea changes an included excursion to one with a charge, you will be grandfathered as a no cost one. 

• Like 2

Excursions can be booked once you have paid your deposit - we had access to ours 18 months out from paying the deposit. If you do book early check back regularly as they can add additional tours over time 

@gnome12 makes a good point about being grandfathered for what were included excursions versus when they may be charged to chargeable ones - that’s certainly happened to us 

19 minutes ago, irvington said:

I thought I couldn't book excursions until paid in full. Good to know that I have access once I put down my deposit.

I believe that change was fairly recent. Personally, I don’t think it is a good idea, because it can shut out even people who book fairly early in favour of those that book very early. 

• Like 2

Agree; it's weird to be able to book excursions so early. I"m not sure I fully like the change but I've already booked an excursion for my Arctic cruise in July 2025 - and I've booked all of the excursions for my January 2025 WC segment. If all the other kids are doing it, I guess I better join them!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I am concerned About the January 2026 Muse cruises. We are booked on the Mahe to Capetown cruise. Then we cancelled our May 25 cruise through the Suez as we were initially on a back to back from Singapore but then SS put a 6 day gap between cruises in Doha. They deny it but my feeling it is for a charter. They would not put us up in Doha and offered a 10% extra discount on another cruise. So we added the next Capetown to Capetown cruise as it went up the East Coast to Mozambique.

Then less than a week later all the January, February Muse cruises went to waitlist only as did it's October Athens to Dubai cruise. And November December were blank. So now the Muse stays in the Mediterranean until December and then goes Athens- mumbai- Mahe to arrive for our January cruise.

When the January cruises came back on we had lost a port on the Mahe segment and the next cruise now went to West Africa which we have cruised before. So we are trying to cancel that sector and switch to a different cruise but retaining the discounts pointing out that less than a week after we booked it the cruise was changed to something we wouldn't have considered. The decision is being made in Miami who have had the request for a week.

Again I am becoming paranoid about SS and feel they are positioning them selves for the possible scenario of the Red Sea still being dangerous then. not as far to reposition if going to Namibia.

Edited by drron29

• 1 month later...

Still not able to view or book shore excursions for Silver Muse, 6 January 2026 sailing Seychelles to Cape Town. Deposit paid last November. Is this just an issue with this cruise. Anyone else on this cruise having trouble?