mini bar charges, etc....?

j3000

we're on Celebrity Reflection April 7-13.

Is there an option, pre-cruise, to request to have NO chargeable items at all in your stateroom (and no re-stocking) during cruise?🤦‍♂️

Posted (edited)

You can request to have anything that might be stocked in your stateroom as an a la carte charge item removed and not replaced by your stateroom attendant when you check into your stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Pre-cruise? No

once you are on the ship, your state room attendant can remove all the items and make arrangements that no restocking should be done.

But if you are attempting to keep items out of Temptations way, you should know that normally when they remove the drinks from the minibar, they put them in a bag and stash them somewhere in the stateroom, usually under the bed, or at the top of my closet. If you want them taken completely away from your stateroom, make that request clear, and they can do it. 

• Like 1

IF you don't use things, you won't be charged...

I don't see the point in giving my attendant extra work for something that is directly controllable by me.  YMMV. 

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

IF you don't use things, you won't be charged...

I don't see the point in giving my attendant extra work for something that is directly controllable by me.  YMMV. 

When we have done it, it was so we could use the refrigerator for our own items. (Water, soda, etc.).  I didn't see it as extra work as it only took a couple of minutes to remove anything and place it in a container.

We have also experienced times where mistakes were made and we were charged for items we did not use and had to get an adjustment from GS.  Just was better for us to just not have it in the stateroom. In fact on one occasion the first thing the attendant asked was if we intended to use the items and would we prefer if he removed them.  Just our experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

When we have done it, it was so we could use the refrigerator for our own items. (Water, soda, etc.).  I didn't see it as extra work as it only took a couple of minutes to remove anything and place it in a container.

We have also experienced times where mistakes were made and we were charged for items we did not use and had to get an adjustment from GS.  Just was better for us to just not have it in the stateroom. In fact on one occasion the first thing the attendant asked was if we intended to use the items and would we prefer if he removed them.  Just our experience.

agreed!👍

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I use it for that too. last few cruises there really has been all that much in mine.  I was surprised recently when we were charged for 2 diet cokes when we were in a SS on the Ascent..I thought was a bit much...but I guess those are the rules.  I meant to stop by a bar and get 2 cans to replace the ones we drank...but I forgot...I could understand if we raided any and all liquor etc in the minibar...but charging someone that small amount while they are in a suite doesn't make much sense to me, 7 bucks or so.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We have been on two cruises this year -- one in January and one in February.  On both cruises, we were charged for items in the mini-bar which only appeared on our statement after returning home.  $10.16 in one instance and $83.56 in the second.  We NEVER use mini-bar items.  I let the first one slide, but I called Celebrity about the $83.  They said I would receive a credit to my CC -- in 30 to 60 business days!!

I will definitely have them remove all items for our next cruise in April.  

5 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

actually, I was hoping we could make this request PRE-Cruise, to avoid any problems as mentioned above by Pushkin

I'm not sure how you would do that.  We have always just asked our stateroom attendant when we first meet them and they have always taken care of it.

6 minutes ago, cavaaller said:

I requested this (empty the fridge) via the retreat-precruise questionnaire - I will report back if the request will be granted.

We have found that most of the time the requests were not passed on to the cabin attendant, so we just ask when we board.

We ask the cabin attendant to either lock or remove the refrigerator. I bring a cooler bag with us & ask him to put ice in it every day. I get drinks from our drink package & put them in my cooler bag. I bring the cooler bag to the beach to have drinks just like I'm going to the beach at home. I also bring a helinox chair one with me for going to Bermuda. It weighs 2lbs & I have my own beach chair!

Posted (edited)

Regardless of whether you remove items or not, be sure to check that the mini-fridge is completely stocked with all expected items when you first go to your room on embarkation.  I failed to do that.  Later when I realized an item was missing it was too late.  I got charged for an item that I had not consumed.

Interestingly, there was an extra bottle of champagne and water hidden behind a curtain that I also did not notice until later (which is what prompted me to finally check the mini-fridge).  I suppose I was as unobservant as my cabin attendant when checking my room on embarkation.

Edited by ppanyan