New Fun Offer

Gretchendz

Such a lucrative offer! I only wish my boss would let me work remotely for a month. I sent him the link and offered to go halves with him 🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

It’s a pretty good offer, especially for those who don’t already have DBE and MNVV, and really like Champaign. 

And likely some TAs will be able to add extra on board credit 🙂

5 hours ago, WanderingTravels said:

Is that $10k per person or per couple?

It's per cabin - wish I could 🙂

Starting at $9990 per cabin — yes, that’s a 30% savings value — you and a sailing mate can enjoy four weeks at sea in our iconic Central Sea Terrace cabins from June through September. For a month’s long stay, we’ll provide the comforts of home — Premium Wi-Fi, a $10 daily coffee credit per cabin, Wash & Fold laundry service — as well as prepare you for the thrills of the unknown — early access to book dining and Shore Things, onboard RockStar support, access to Richard’s rooftop, and a complimentary bottle of bubbly to welcome you aboard

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

And likely some TAs will be able to add extra on board credit 🙂

I know that this one is 😄

13 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Be aware that it's two itineraries that each repeat once.

It's actually three itineraries.  Irresistible Med is slightly different than Med & Rome.  Not much, but you're still sitting at sea for a month in a central Sea Terrace for $2498/week for 2. And you're getting a bunch of Rockstar Benefits too. All in all a great deal. If the WiFi was rock solid in the Med I would totally be over there running my business while I enjoy those four itineraries. 🙂 

June, July and August are $9990, September is $10,990

Scarlet Summer Pass.JPG

• Like 2

The only slight downside would be that with no MNVV allowed or similar bar tab offer you could end up with a large bill for onboard spend. But you do get coffee credit and soda is free anyway.

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

The only slight downside would be that with no MNVV allowed or similar bar tab offer you could end up with a large bill for onboard spend. But you do get coffee credit and soda is free anyway.

And priority boarding and access to Richard's Rooftop....And my personal favorite, free laundry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gretchendz said:

And priority boarding and access to Richard's Rooftop....And my personal favorite, free laundry!

I was thinking mainly of the aspects that reduce drink charges. Four weeks with no free bar tab credit and the drink costs night add up. Although happy hour in the rooftop would also help!

• Like 2

DBE would likely apply, meaning $100 bar tab...not sure if that would be for the whole month or for each leg. (guessing each leg).  Not much, but every bit helps

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

DBE would likely apply, meaning $100 bar tab...not sure if that would be for the whole month or for each leg. (guessing each leg).  Not much, but every bit helps

They have said that if you qualify for DBE, you get that too.

12 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

No mention of Priority Boarding in the actual terms of the offer.

Persons making an Eligible Voyage will receive access to the following exclusive

perks for the “Season Pass” voyages:

• Premium Wifi;

● Laundry Service (Wash & Fold) (one bag per itinerary);

● Early access booking window for dining and Shore Things;

● Dedicated pre-voyage concierge - to support all of your booking needs;

● Onboard RockStar Agent support;

● Access to Richard's Rooftop;

● Daily coffee credit ($10 for the cabin, Sailor 1)(coffee credit expires at the end of

each day and does not roll over to the next day); and

● Welcome bubbles (i.e., sparkling wine or non-alcoholic substitute) to kick off

celebration (one bottle in the cabin for the first itinerary of the Voyage Period).

On interesting tidbit in the terms, you can swap out the second sailor for each itinerary.

the primary passenger (“Sailor 1”) for all four itineraries in the Voyage Period

remains the same (the secondary passenger may change between itineraries as

long as the cabin remains at double occupancy);

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, CruisingWalter said:

● Laundry Service (Wash & Fold) (one bag per itinerary);

Hi Walter, to clarify that would be a total of 3 bags for the 3 unique itineraries over a month sailing?

22 minutes ago, bdever said:

Hi Walter, to clarify that would be a total of 3 bags for the 3 unique itineraries over a month sailing?

I read it as one bag each week.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:46 AM, Splatt2010 said:

The European voyages selling poorly once again it seems. 

Haha let's be honest. Virgin lacks in enticing voyages...They have a nice product which I really want to try, however there pricing is far too high for the mediocre journeys they take you on.

Generally I like the concept, however shame they want you to work while onboard ... haha. Unfortunately the ports don't interest me and is much of what I have already done in the past

On 3/11/2024 at 2:41 AM, Chris86 said:

Haha let's be honest. Virgin lacks in enticing voyages...They have a nice product which I really want to try, however there pricing is far too high for the mediocre journeys they take you on.

VV really needs to run like the boutique cruise line they are and learn from the other small cruise lines instead of emulating the large cruise lines. Oceania is a great example. They rarely run the exact same itinerary twice. They only have 6 or 7 ships so even when they spend the winter season in the Caribbean they'll run 20 sailings for a single ship but each one will be completely or slightly different. The following year you might see 1 or 2 of those itineraries repeated while the rest are altered. 

VV has got themselves in a rut with the same itineraries running in repeat. Especially in Miami with identical itineraries going on 4 years now, but even over in the Med. When you have over 20 ships you can run the same itineraries over and over because people can choose different ships. But when you have 1, sometimes 2 ships, you need to mix up those itineraries and offer something the rest of the cruise lines don't. Adult-only and all the inclusions will get people onboard. To keep bringing them back, you need some different itineraries to break up the rut. 

I'm wondering how 3 ships in the Caribbean are going to do this Winter. They're banking their entire winter season on three ships running in the same region with each one competing for the same Sailors. Someone in my social feeds noted that Resilient could have sailed a Trans Pacific from Australia to go to Los Angeles for the winter, the same thing Carnival Luminosa does each year for the Alaska season. That would have been a more interesting move in my opinion to open up the west coast of the U.S. for Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and California Coastal sailings. 

• Like 1