TxTeach79's Norwegian Sun Spring Break Shorty LIVE - 3/13/24

18 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

my dad is from Cuba. Havana to the core. He sounds like Ricky Ricardo. My mom is as deep Texas as it gets. She sounds like Paula Deen with twang. Somehow, they canceled out on me…. But get me around my people…

"Lucy, y'all have some splainin' to do!"

"Well bless your heart, Ricky!"

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

What's up....looks like you didn't spend much time on the island at the beach....that water looked so beautiful.....but so doesn't an empty ship!

got my fix in, about three hours, half of that happily floating like a cork…. Restful afternoon onboard = perfect combo

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I saw the first pics you posted of GSC, I thought "wow that looks like Coco Cay when we visited in 2008, before the big waterpark".  Then you posted the big waterpark pic. It is the same island!😄

so the first pic is CocoCay… second is GSC (which is waaaaay larger)… and the third is the tiny gap between the two 

IMG_6825.thumb.jpeg.0fcd3fa769abd94d0289487625fda842.jpeg

IMG_6826.thumb.jpeg.1f401efff2301bf8df29f8058ce65e65.jpeg

IMG_6827.thumb.jpeg.1f86fa191965d3f5a553b103bef5b79e.jpeg

• Like 11

Just took an incredible shower. The bathroom is probably the smallest cruise ship bathroom I’ve had (not counting studios obvi), but the water pressure is fantastic and it’s instantly at temp. 

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

got my fix in, about three hours, half of that happily floating like a cork…. Restful afternoon onboard = perfect combo

Good to hear....with the time difference between us it  only seemed like 30 minutes for you!

• Like 2

We are taking our first post-COVID NCL cruise next month. Is housekeeping down to once a day now?  MSC is still doing twice a day, but I thought I read that NCL had changed. Curious as to your experience. Thank you. 

BTW, we did the NCL Star to Alaska years ago. Is the Sun the same class of ship?

Enjoying your review!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcrum said:

We are taking our first post-COVID NCL cruise next month. Is housekeeping down to once a day now?  MSC is still doing twice a day, but I thought I read that NCL had changed. Curious as to your experience. Thank you. 

BTW, we did the NCL Star to Alaska years ago. Is the Sun the same class of ship?

Enjoying your review!

Housekeeping is once per day, sometime between 8 and 5

17 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Thanks to everyone who’s following along! I know it’s a shorty and it’s not the most exciting thing, but I truly appreciate it!

As long as B appreciates it. 😆

17 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Just put a $40 ticket n a slot and it vanished. Waiting on service now. 

I hate when that happens. Rather lose it the slower way, one spin at a time.

15 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Pigs!!!

IMG_6712.thumb.jpeg.51b36764f9db5bb27a39b0ab7fbc7f30.jpeg

Tripple pop! Hope they treated you nice!

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Enjoying your review!

thanks!! Housekeeping is once a day like Carnival. Princess still does twice a day service as of a few months ago, but that’s rarer these days. 

Star is a Jewel class ship, newer and a little larger than Sun. Sun and Sky (former Pride of Aloha) are the only two in the class. Sky was a Costa hull that went unfinished and NCL bought it and finished it (and built the Sun later)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

As long as B appreciates it. 😆

I hate when that happens. Rather lose it the slower way, one spin at a time.

Tripple pop! Hope they treated you nice!

Not as nice as they should have. Darn pigs. 🥓 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

thanks!! Housekeeping is once a day like Carnival. Princess still does twice a day service as of a few months ago, but that’s rarer these days. 

HAL is still twice a day!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Star is a Jewel class ship, newer and a little larger than Sun. Sun and Sky (former Pride of Aloha) are the only two in the class. Sky was a Costa hull that went unfinished and NCL bought it and finished it (and built the Sun later)

There are only 4 Jewel Class ships (Jewel, Gem, Jade and Pearl).

3 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

There are only 4 Jewel Class ships (Jewel, Gem, Jade and Pearl).

true, I just tend to lump the Dawn/Libra class in with them in my head since they’re so similar. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

true, I just tend to lump the Dawn/Libra class in with them in my head since they’re so similar. 

Just so happens that the Jewel Class ships are my favs. Been on the Gem(8), Pearl(4), Jade(4) and Jewel once. Don't like Star after one TA and have no intention of getting on the Dawn. Don't think they are similar in that the latter 2 don't have a Great Outdoors which is my fav hangout spot on Jewel Class ships. I had a good time on the Sun for 22 days repositioning from San Antonio, Chile to San Francisco a couple of years before COVID-19.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Just so happens that the Jewel Class ships are my favs. Been on the Gem(8), Pearl(4), Jade(4) and Jewel once. Don't like Star after one TA and no intention of getting on the Dawn. Don't think they are similar in that the latter 2 don't have a Great Outdoors which is my fav hangout spot on Jewel Class ships. I had a good time on the Sun for 22 days repositioning from San Antonio, Chile to San Francisco a couple of years before COVID-19.

I love the Jewel class too. Been on Jewel and Jade, Pearl this summer. I enjoyed the Dawn quite a bit, never sailed on Star. Great Outdoors is really the only difference, but I really love Great Outdoors so that definitely matters if everything else is equal. 

man, that Sun itinerary sounds AMAZING! I’d love to do something like that someday.