Pizza on Nautica?

Kay S

The pizza lover traveling with me wants to know about Nautica.  The last R class ship I sailed had pizza in a corner of the buffet, sort of like an afterthought.  Do they do that on Nautica?  Is pizza available at the Waves Grill?  Is it available through room service?  Can my person get some outside of lunch/dinner hours?  Again, thanks for your patient answers to a newbie.

On the R ships not really worth eating. The Pizza at Waves on Riveria is good, I've heard it's also good on Vista. Have not personally had it, but I've had the regular buffet pizza and for my taste I'll pass. They should probably plan on something else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

The pizza lover traveling with me wants to know about Nautica.  The last R class ship I sailed had pizza in a corner of the buffet, sort of like an afterthought.  Do they do that on Nautica?  Is pizza available at the Waves Grill?  Is it available through room service?  Can my person get some outside of lunch/dinner hours?  Again, thanks for your patient answers to a newbie.

Rumor has it when they're out of service for a week, they'll be installing a proper pizzza. I think it's going to be at Waves Grill and maybe delivered to Terrace Cafe. Let's keep our fingers crossed. We'll be doing the first cruise after that 🙂

10 hours ago, clo said:

Rumor has it when they're out of service for a week, they'll be installing a proper pizzza. I think it's going to be at Waves Grill and maybe delivered to Terrace Cafe. Let's keep our fingers crossed. We'll be doing the first cruise after that 🙂

Do you have a link to this Rumor? When is it they are out of service for a week? I've missed that. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ORV said:

Do you have a link to this Rumor? When is it they are out of service for a week? I've missed that. 

Appears to be a gap from June 25-July 3 of this year. Not sure if that is the date being assumed.  Of course, the gap could also be a charter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Appears to be a gap from June 25-July 3 of this year. Not sure if that is the date being assumed.  Of course, the gap could also be a charter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A week doesn't really give them a lot of time. I'm just curious where things like this rumor are coming from. I don't keep up with other social media avenues very often, there is so much misinformation and confusion on the ones I've tried to read that I can't deal with it. So, there has been no official Oceania press release concerning any update on Nautica? 

11 minutes ago, ORV said:

A week doesn't really give them a lot of time. I'm just curious where things like this rumor are coming from. I don't keep up with other social media avenues very often, there is so much misinformation and confusion on the ones I've tried to read that I can't deal with it. So, there has been no official Oceania press release concerning any update on Nautica? 

I have no idea on any release. I’ll leave that response and where heard up to the poster who is making the claim. I was just pointing out there is an upcoming gap of a week as you had inquired when they would be out of service for a week as you had not seen it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Yep. Guess you did. There's something from Oceania but I can't find it.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Oceania-Nautica-664?#itinerary 

A number of pax on the first cruise after that, including us, have wondered. We're doing a B2B Amsterdam/Belfast/Stockholm.

We were on Nautica a couple of weeks ago.  The pizza is served during lunch through a cubby / window around the corner on the port side of the Terrace Cafe... and it is basically inedible.  It's thin crust where yeast is the predominant flavor.  The toppings are bland.  I tried the Margarita and a slice of the pizza of the day which had mushrooms on it.  One bite of each was all I could handle.  The person who staffs this area almost seemed apologetic about it.  Hope the rumors are true as this ship desperately needs to up their pizza game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

We were on Nautica a couple of weeks ago.  The pizza is served during lunch through a cubby / window around the corner on the port side of the Terrace Cafe... and it is basically inedible.  

That's how it was on the lasr R ship I sailed.  My pizza friend will not be happy.