Edge 7 Night — Fine Cut or Raw on 5?

Sailing on Edge to/from Alaska this summer.  Right now I have the steakhouse reserved but based on things I’ve heard (and the fact that I’m in the overthinking phase of trip planning) I’m wondering if it would be better to use that OBC for sushi which we love.  Thoughts?  And right now the app says Raw on 5 is only open for dinner but I thought I read it was also available on sea days for lunch….

8 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Sailing on Edge to/from Alaska this summer.  Right now I have the steakhouse reserved but based on things I’ve heard (and the fact that I’m in the overthinking phase of trip planning) I’m wondering if it would be better to use that OBC for sushi which we love.  Thoughts?  And right now the app says Raw on 5 is only open for dinner but I thought I read it was also available on sea days for lunch….

If you asked for one steakhouse v another, perhaps could advise, or vice versa, seafood to seafood.  Looks like it comes down to if you want a big fat juicy slab of rare beef or a nice healthy dose of ocean bottom dwellers 🙃

Just now, Liao said:

If you asked for one steakhouse v another, perhaps could advise, or vice versa, seafood to seafood.  Looks like it comes down to if you want a big fat juicy slab of rare beef or a nice healthy dose of ocean bottom dwellers 🙃

Yes definitely not comparing apples to apples….we like both, nod toward sushi/seafood if it’s good over beef…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yes definitely not comparing apples to apples….we like both, nod toward sushi/seafood if it’s good over beef…

I'm definitely a seafood guy, and you might consider Eden as well.  Crab cakes and lobster, SO SO good!  For lunch check out Le Grand Bistro, lobster bisque in a flaky crust, super good.  No matter, you will enjoy!

1 minute ago, Liao said:

I'm definitely a seafood guy, and you might consider Eden as well.  Crab cakes and lobster, SO SO good!  For lunch check out Le Grand Bistro, lobster bisque in a flaky crust, super good.  No matter, you will enjoy!

Sounds delicious.  Eden would use more than my OBC which I’m “trying” to stick to.  lol.  I looked at the Grand Bistro for lunch…looks good.  Any idea whether Raw on 5 is typically open only for dinner?  Not that we couldn’t but in my head I was liking the idea for lunch.

9 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Sounds delicious.  Eden would use more than my OBC which I’m “trying” to stick to.  lol.  I looked at the Grand Bistro for lunch…looks good.  Any idea whether Raw on 5 is typically open only for dinner?  Not that we couldn’t but in my head I was liking the idea for lunch.

IDK for certain if Raw is open for lunch, I didn't eat there as while I love seafood, their focus is sushi and raw...I'm partial to cooked.  I seem to recall it being open for lunch though on sea days, just like Le Grand Bistro where I did eat lunch three times.

• Thanks 1

Raw is definitely open for lunch and in my opinion is more of a lunch venue than dinner…though dinner can certainly be had!  It’s a la carte so you can order as much or as little as you like if trying to stick within your obc budget. Having said all that, I agree that Eden is worth considering as the food and dining experience is simply amazing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Raw is definitely open for lunch and in my opinion is more of a lunch venue than dinner…though dinner can certainly be had!  It’s a la carte so you can order as much or as little as you like if trying to stick within your obc budget. Having said all that, I agree that Eden is worth considering as the food and dining experience is simply amazing. 

Now if only I could figure out some more OBC. 😂

• Like 1

we have enjoyed Raw on 5 for dinner on BEYOND and lunch on ASCENT

It  has a great menu including beef and some nice cocktails. My husb tried a roll on ASCENT  .1st time and loved it.

fine cut was excellent..but it is a steakhouse not unique like EDEN

I don’t eat seafood but DH does and based on joining him at Raw on 5 ( I had the ribeye medallions) I would go to Raw on 5 over Eden any time.  Food is subjective but we didn’t feel Eden lived up to its hype and certainly not the $85pp + tip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

we have enjoyed Raw on 5 for dinner on BEYOND and lunch on ASCENT

It  has a great menu including beef and some nice cocktails. My husb tried a roll on ASCENT  .1st time and loved it.

fine cut was excellent..but it is a steakhouse not unique like EDEN

Do you know…does Raw on 5 serve any cooked food…like a Japanese stir fry with rice? We purchased the 3 night Specialty Dining Package so we may be eating at all 3 nights 😂 I love exquisite food! But mom loves a good hefty steak so may end up at Fine Cut too! 

36 minutes ago, Koliver63 said:

Do you know…does Raw on 5 serve any cooked food…like a Japanese stir fry with rice? We purchased the 3 night Specialty Dining Package so we may be eating at all 3 nights 😂 I love exquisite food! But mom loves a good hefty steak so may end up at Fine Cut too! 

Yes