Best sleeping comfort for 3rd adult in an inside cabin on Beyond?

C-sea

Hi All,

Should I book the single sofa bed or the double (I'm assuming is a pull out)sofa bed in an inside cabin, this is for an older woman. Which will be more comfortable. This is a 10 night cruise on Beyond. Thank you in advance!

The sofa beds are not comfortable for adults. They usually pull out from under the sofa. Also they are not are high as a bed. Will this be a problem for the woman traveling with you? This is a 10 night cruise so your companion should be comfortable and be able to sleep. 3 adults in the cabin will be tight.

How about splitting the bed into 2 twins and everyone can take a turn on the sofa bed (3 nights for two of you and 4 for another)?

• Thanks 1

There are inside staterooms with a sofa bed, a double sofa bed, or an upper berth (pullman).  When booking directly or through a travel agent, you need to specify which to be sure you are placed in the desired arrangement.  If you are looking at the deck plans there are open and filled square icons defining the sofa arrangements, and filled diamond icons defining the upper berths.  I would think by the description, that those with the double sofa bed would offer the best chance at being comfortable.

• Thanks 1

Recently cruised on the Beyond, with 3 people sharing a "double sofa bed" cabin configuration. Double sofa bed means:

- Sofa has a trundle bed configuration (one bed slides out from under the sofa)

- A mattress can be put on top of the sofa seating area for a 2nd bed

During our cruise, we never used the trundle bed. I slept on the mattress placed over the sofa seating area. The mattress was kept in place throughout the cruise, even during daytime.

- The mattress-on-top-of-seating-area was comfortable enough for me. Some people are very fussy about mattresses and may not have the same opinion.

- This bed was more narrow than a twin bed. I am on the smaller side. A larger person may have an issue with the narrowness of the bed.

- Because the sofa seatbacks were removed to accommodate the mattress, and the sofa height was increased because of the mattress thickness, the sofa was not particularly comfortable to sit on as sofa seating.

• Thanks 1

We have sailed her and would suggest you at least look at a Deluxe Interior for the additional cabin space.  It was a very nice cabin and the sofa bed was away from the bed a bit and would feel a bit less cramped.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NorthernLights45 said:

Recently cruised on the Beyond, with 3 people sharing a "double sofa bed" cabin configuration. Double sofa bed means:

- Sofa has a trundle bed configuration (one bed slides out from under the sofa)

- A mattress can be put on top of the sofa seating area for a 2nd bed

During our cruise, we never used the trundle bed. I slept on the mattress placed over the sofa seating area. The mattress was kept in place throughout the cruise, even during daytime.

- The mattress-on-top-of-seating-area was comfortable enough for me. Some people are very fussy about mattresses and may not have the same opinion.

- This bed was more narrow than a twin bed. I am on the smaller side. A larger person may have an issue with the narrowness of the bed.

- Because the sofa seatbacks were removed to accommodate the mattress, and the sofa height was increased because of the mattress thickness, the sofa was not particularly comfortable to sit on as sofa seating.

Thank you for such a detailed answer, it is the info I needed ☺️

Sleep on the loungers on pool deck or in the Solarium.  There is also a mezzanine off of the pool deck that has loungers and sofas that over looks the Solarium.  The Solarium has padded loungers.  If you decide to be by the pool you can star gaze and have a reserved lounger before the chair hogs get there.    We were on the Beyond 2 weeks ago and walked thru the pool deck and all the loungers had something on them to “reserve” them at 6 am. Same in the Solarium.  

Eden also has some nice loungers on the second tier.  Take some blankets and be good to go or use some towels.  🤗. There are also some couches available around the ship. 🤷‍♂️

The great  thing amour sleeping in any of those places is the snoring of your traveling partners won’t bother you. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, miched said:

Sleep on the loungers on pool deck or in the Solarium.  There is also a mezzanine off of the pool deck that has loungers and sofas that over looks the Solarium.  The Solarium has padded loungers.  If you decide to be by the pool you can star gaze and have a reserved lounger before the chair hogs get there.    We were on the Beyond 2 weeks ago and walked thru the pool deck and all the loungers had something on them to “reserve” them at 6 am. Same in the Solarium.  

Eden also has some nice loungers on the second tier.  Take some blankets and be good to go or use some towels.  🤗. There are also some couches available around the ship. 🤷‍♂️

The great  thing amour sleeping in any of those places is the snoring of your traveling partners won’t bother you. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Ah yes, that’s modern luxury 😢

• Haha 1