Nextcruise/on ship only?

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

they are widely traded in aftermarket online sites, often at a discount.

and that market is surely drying up as they no longer expire.  Unless someone has a need for the cash there's zero reason to sell anymore unless they absolutely never plan on sailing NCL again..

14 hours ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

Is the only way to get a cruisenext (not cruisefirst) voucher to buy on the ship, while on a cruise?

Yes, that is the whole point of the two offerings. CruiseNext is sold on the ship, CruiseFirst is sold off of the ship.

From what I'm understanding though, on double up days, you can use 2 cruisenext vouchers but only 1 cruisefirst, right?

Just trying to figure out how to get some cruisenext vouchers so I can use two.

26 minutes ago, ShrinkinTexas said:

From what I'm understanding though, on double up days, you can use 2 cruisenext vouchers but only 1 cruisefirst, right?

Just trying to figure out how to get some cruisenext vouchers so I can use two.

yes, you can use two cruisenext vouchers, for $500 total.  Or you can just buy a $500 cruisefirst when available (right now they are available).  Of course, if you plan on cruising within the next 4 months, you can't use the cruisefirst.  But you also can't double up on the cruisenext

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused. My PCC called me shortly after my cruise in January to ask how it was and since I had such a good time I asked him to check a future booking I had my eye on. He said I could book with a reduced deposit because I had just sailed and could use a half off voucher - think he said it was the cruisenext certificate - since I had just sailed. Of course this could have been a cruisefirst certificate which was offered at $250 for $500, just didn't pay enough attention.

There is a very well known social media site where they are traded for half the face value (same as the ship), since the expiry date was removed the value holds now, it was previously possible to buy them with a short date at a big discount. Buying a single is still a saving over a single on the ship if you only want one CN.
Most people will want you to cover the PayPal fees though so you are paying a tiny bit more than on the ship.