Is St Kitts a tender dock?

3 minutes ago, Royals Carol said:

I read where the Gem is possibly Dock port or tender port. Can someone confirm, please?

We docked when I was there in 2022 but cruising wasn’t back up to max capacity at that point. 
I honestly think NCL has taken to tagging every port as potentially a tender port for CYA reasons. I’d say try to find the schedule for the port and see how many other ships are scheduled for the same date. Generally the piers are allocated in order of arrival at the ports.

• Like 1

Thank you!! I don’t want to pay the price for the cruise if it tenders due to my husband being disabled and cannot climb the stairs while tendering. I do know ahead about GSC being a tender port but don’t want two of them

Posted (edited)

Try the St. Kitts board for additional confirmation because I'm not certain of this information and understand how important this is for your family:

I believe (but am not certain) that this is St, Kitts official port schedule.  They ports usually have government webpages, but this one doesn't so I'm not sure - the st kitts board will know where the official schedule is if this isn't it:

https://portzante.com/cruiseship-schedule/

If the above poster is correct and there is space for 4 ships to dock, you can search the schedule and see how many ships are currently scheduled on your potential sail date.  

We had a cruise to the DR and since NCL wasn't using one of the ports there for awhile, we were able to figure out our stop was likely to be cancelled a few weeks before we were notified by NCL.  So you might be able to determine this yourself.

Edited by kitkat343

i recently got back from a cruise that went to st kitts, there is 4 berths for ships. on my visit, it was a full day with all 4 ships. if needed, the port does provide a golf cart to go from the pier to the terminal area