The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 19th,

kazu

9 hours ago, kazu said:

Welcome home!  Not quite the reception you would have liked with fans in your condo.  I hope nothing was damaged 🤞 

that’s a really good idea.  It wouldn’t even have to be published.  She could just write it and get some emotions out.  It might be helpful to do so?

Well DAM, aren’t you glad spring is here?  (Full sarcasm intended 😉)

What a cutie!!   I see trouble in those eyes (the good kind).   Curious about your Kim bringing it back from Thailand.  I assume it was arranged in advance?  Must have been one pile of paperwork.

Her mother has to live on her own now and alienated so many people so she has to live with that now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

If anyone could spare a few prayers for DS,  his master’s defence is tomorrow!   They would be greatly appreciated 

Prayers for your DS today defending his Masters 🙏 

@Haljo1935 prayers for you and all you are going through.  🙏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The city newspaper obituary notices leave the ability for people to leave messages online but no one has and we have no intention to do so.

We believe if we cannot say anything nice we will say nothing at all.

You are very classy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

if your spouse’s SS benefit is greater than yours, better talk to someone expert about what happens if you start your own benefits early.  I think there are workarounds, but you could be locked into your lower benefit and be unable to step up to the higher amount, should your spouse die before you.  (This is fresh in my mind, because this is my Full Retirement year, 66 1/2.  DH gets much more than me, so I waited to Full Retirement, just to be cautious about it.)

Rules change all the time, but that’s been the general rule.  Of course, Disability is entirely different.  
Wishing you all the best sorting through this, and if I repeated what somebody else already said, I apologize for that.  I just felt it to be important.

Not a repeat and thanks for mentioning it; it is important. 

DH is a year younger and still working. He will need to continue working as I will need his insurance to bridge the gap until I'm eligible for Medicare. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Haljo1935  Hugs to you and warm wishes that it all works out for the best for you.  You can call Social Security and go over your options on the phone.  That is what I did.

Thank you - great idea.

• Like 5