VB Aft cabin on Noordam 7 vs 4

We just spent 28 days in 4179 on Westerdam. The only complaint I have about the cabin is over the dearth of electrical outlets. When we arrived a power strip had already been supplied, and we put it into use immediately. The verandah was deeper than any we've enjoyed previously. Our verandah door was about three feet back from the railing of the 5th-deck cabin above us. We had occasion to shelter under the overhang from time to time. We weren't bothered by either the vibration or the sound of the engines. The view of the wake was delightful.

The most pleasant memory was viewing Mt. Fuji in all its splendid glory right smack off our verandah, for the entire time we were berthed.

• Like 4

I will say you really cannot compare Oosterdam to the Noordam especially on the aft, side cabins are similar but Oosterdam was built totally different with more tiered aft facing balconies, then after Noordam came out they added more cabins and changed how the balconies that were facing aft for decks 6, 7 and 8.Decks 5 and 3 remained the same for Zuiderdam, Oosterdam and Westerdam. Noordam they totally made the aft different and more chopped off for the aft facing staterooms. The Deck 5 of the Vista Class always had the more sq ft o balcony space, that totally changed when they built the Noordam.

This is a picture I found of the aft on the Noordam, the the balconies are covered and are all close to the same size. They are for the most part smaller than those of the other Vista Class Ships. More like Nieuw Amsterdam or Eurodam.

15355.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1