Restaurant near the Sydney Harbour Hotel (formally Rydges and Holiday Inn)

Hi all,

Can anyone assist with suggesting a food venue near the above hotel at 55 George Street to cater for a group of about 15 people next Thursday night? We're catching up with family pre-cruise so don't want a stuffy restaurant, more pub vibes or even something with share plates. My elderly parents can't walk a long way from the hotel and we're looking for something easy. I know it will be hard in that location to find what we're looking for but hoping someone might be able to suggest a winner!

I've tried to call the hotel but it rings out, even when I select the room reservation option... 🙄

Posted (edited)

Caminetto Italian restaurant is very close in Playfair Street.  It's not a particularly fancy place but the food is good. 

www.caminetto.com.au/food-menu

Edited by cruiser3775
  • Like 1

https://morrisons.sydney/

On George Street.

Never had a bad meal there. 

Great selection of beers and wines.

For a larger group you may have to pick up the phone to book.

And as for many other places, a security deposit may be required AND you may be charged an automatic gratuities of 5 to 10% (which CAN BE REMOVED!)

• Like 1

Sorry, but City Extra is now overpriced slop (but in large-ish portions, at least).

They USED to be decent, but not any more.

A last-resort food place when everything else is closed or you missed the last train home at 2 am.

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

Sorry, but City Extra is now overpriced slop (but in large-ish portions, at least).

They USED to be decent, but not any more.

A last-resort food place when everything else is closed or you missed the last train home at 2 am.

I guess it depends what you eat. It was more than adequate on Christmas Day - unless it has gone downhill since then.

We stayed at the Rendezvous a few weeks ago, and went across the road in George Street to "Rubs and "Burgers". Casual seating, either inside or outside, casual ordering and service. For a large group, it could be what you're looking for. It's not fancy by any means but suited us. Easy short stroll to/from hotel.

• Like 1

I can recommend the Rawson Hotel directly opposite the OPT. Happy hour 4-7 pm weekdays as well ! We dined there on Monday night and stared up at the Ovation of the Seas. Cheers,Buzz.