Best way to get to Greenwich pier from Lambeth North station

longterm

We’re staying in London, near the Lambeth north station. Is there a train that gets to Greenwich from there, or is a bus the only public method?

Also, what is the name of the stop in Greenwich? I see several to choose from.

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, longterm said:

We’re staying in London, near the Lambeth north station. Is there a train that gets to Greenwich from there, or is a bus the only public method?

Thanks in advance

With a nod to @Mrs Miggins

There is no actual Cruise Ship Terminal at Greenwich. On Google Maps enter Greenwich Pier which is where the both tourist boats and the splendid Thames Clipper service dock. There will be a large tent just outside the Discover Greenwich Visitor Centre on the grass area where you will check in. You will be just next to the Cutty Sark and actually inside the gates of The Old Royal Naval College. The ship will be moored on the river just opposite a pub called The Sail Loft also shown on Google Maps. You will tender but it is a very short distance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longterm said:

Thanks in advance

Oh.... depending on the day/time you plan on making your way from Lambeth North to Greenwich, I suggest you consider taking the Waterloo and City Line from Waterloo Station to Bank Station then transfer to Docklands Rail (DLR) from Bank Station to Greenwich (Cutty Sark Station).

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, longterm said:

Thanks in advance

As stated above you have two public transit options. The tube to the DLR to the Cutty Sark station or take the boat to Greenwich. Both leave you right where the ship docks. The cruise down the Thames is definitely worth the trip.

OT but if you are staying near Lambeth North, be sure to visit the main Imperial War Museum. It’s one of the best museums I’ve ever visited. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

As stated above you have two public transit options. The tube to the DLR to the Cutty Sark station or take the boat to Greenwich. Both leave you right where the ship docks. The cruise down the Thames is definitely worth the trip.

OT but if you are staying near Lambeth North, be sure to visit the main Imperial War Museum. It’s one of the best museums I’ve ever visited. 

I went there with my son years ago; he loved it. We already have tickets to the Churchill War Rooms, have some others for which tickets aren't yet available, but I've got 4 days planned for us with lots to do.

Our hotel's about a mile from the London Eye but we could either walk it with our carryons or take a car; I like the idea of cruising the Thames to Greenwich.

Thanks all for the good advice.

Someone on another thread suggested Citymapper.  Said it gave better routing than the Tfl app (which I already had put on my phone).  So I downloaded it to give it a test run.  Plus it works for multiple cities not just London. 

While good suggestions, and I am a fan of the Thames Clipper boats, none are a good choice if you have more than minimal luggage.  If you have more than basic carry on rollers I would suggest Addison Lee car service.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

While good suggestions, and I am a fan of the Thames Clipper boats, none are a good choice if you have more than minimal luggage.  If you have more than basic carry on rollers I would suggest Addison Lee car service.

We always use carryon bags plus small backpacks for each of us; I bought tickets for the Thames Clipper for the morning of our boarding.

• Like 2