How far ahead to book excursions

We are on the Norwegian pearl sailing out of Trieste September 6 of this year. We have the $50 discount for each excursion and we plan to do all of our excursions with Norwegian. That being said at some ports we only have one excursion we are interested in doing. So we’re a little concerned about the excursions filling up. We are staying in a full suite, and if I understand it right, that gives us priority but I don’t know exactly what that means if the excursion fills up.

How early does Norwegian accept reservations for the excursions and how early do you recommend we book them?

7 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

How early does Norwegian accept reservations for the excursions and how early do you recommend we book them?

NCL will accept reservations for their posted excursions as soon as you see them available on your cruise planner.

You can even pay for the excursions before you have made final payment on the cruise.

We have done that many times when there were excursions that were a "must-do" in our plans.

If there are excursions you want to take, and you see them available, book them ASAP.  Even Haven guests do not get priority for excursions.  They will fill up.

• Like 2

Never put off booking an excursion that really appeals to you.  It's amazing how fast some will book up LONG in advance.  Don't set yourself up for disappointment...book as soon as you book the cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:03 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

NCL will accept reservations for their posted excursions as soon as you see them available on your cruise planner.

You can even pay for the excursions before you have made final payment on the cruise.

We have done that many times when there were excursions that were a "must-do" in our plans.

If there are excursions you want to take, and you see them available, book them ASAP.  Even Haven guests do not get priority for excursions.  They will fill up.

There is no "even pay before final".

Excursions must be paid for at time of booking.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

I’m not sure why you quoted me but then edited what I actually wrote in post #4
The point was you can book and pay for excursions BEFORE you have made final payment for your cruise. Yes. You need to pay for the excursion but you can do so well before you’ve done anything other than a deposit on the cruise itself. 

Edited by JandC_Cruising

11 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I’m not sure why you quoted me but then edited what I actually wrote in post #4
The point was you can book and pay for excursions BEFORE you have made final payment for your cruise. Yes. You need to pay for the excursion but you can do so well before you’ve done anything other than a deposit on the cruise itself. 

I did not edit anything. I quoted your words.

Those words, taken literally, implied that paying for the excursions was optional.

I simply pointed out that, as you now stated in this latest post, that payment was mandatory - so that potential readers would not think they could reserve excursion space.

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I did not edit anything. I quoted your words.

Those words, taken literally, implied that paying for the excursions was optional.

I simply pointed out that, as you now stated in this latest post, that payment was mandatory - so that potential readers would not think they could reserve excursion space.

So just you are very clear...you did not quote my words when your re-wrote it with the following

Here is what you posted:

15 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Here is the sentence from my original post:

On 3/24/2024 at 8:03 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

Very different words and very different meanings.

4 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

So just you are very clear...you did not quote my words when your re-wrote it with the following

Here is what you posted:

Here is the sentence from my original post:

Very different words and very different meanings.

Okay - I stand corrected - technically, I edited (I originally denied it because I felt I extracted critical words without changing their meaning).

That said, I stand by my original comment, which was based on your statement, not mine.

That is how I interpret your words. Apparently, my version is not what you wanted to say.

Nonetheless, that can easily be interpreted that way.

Your statement is that you CAN EVEN PAY for the excursions before final, rather than that you must pay.