Travel insurance

If it's been more than 21 days after your deposit, what’s the best place to buy travel insurance that covers pre-existing conditions?

Another good travel ins site is:

Insuremytrip.com

I know they had an option for pre-existing coverage if purchased before final payment.  I needed that once too.  Expensive, but was available.

5 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Don't be put off by their website, which contains a lot of information. If you call and speak with one of them they will help you get the coverage you want/need.

The whole insurance thing is pretty overwhelming because there are so many options, so many ins and outs, exclusions, waivers etc.  I agree that talking to them directly is the best way.  I just email them with what I am thinking about and they quickly come back with some options.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 1:03 PM, Syd58 said:

If it's been more than 21 days after your deposit, what’s the best place to buy travel insurance that covers pre-existing conditions?

I am not making a recommendation or saying it is the best place, but just an observation - the Generali Premium plan will cover preexisting conditions if purchased within 24 hours of final payment, or earlier. This is one of the policies listed on the Trip Insurance Store website. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:28 PM, Mr. Click said:

Check with Steve and his staff a the trip insurance store.  They know their stuff. https://tripinsurancestore.com/

And yes...

On 3/25/2024 at 7:49 AM, cruisegirlppp said:

Don't be put off by their website, which contains a lot of information. If you call and speak with one of them they will help you get the coverage you want/need.

Travel insurance involves SO many different types of policies, and so many different types and situations of the travelers, that there is no way all of the relevant information for *everyone* looking can be included.

If someone wants to browse early on to get a sense of the general types of travel insurance, that's fine obviously.  But I'd strongly discourage selecting a policy from just reading the online summaries. (And NOT only on this website:  for ANY online travel insurance setting/website.  The interactive Q&A, which can go both directins, can be invaluable help.)

GC

On 3/25/2024 at 6:49 AM, cruisegirlppp said:

Hi cruisegirlppp,

Sorry about that. I've been trying to clean it up and better organize it, so if you or anyone else have any idea, please email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com . I welcome any feedback.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:49 AM, cruisegirlppp said:

I agree. It is difficult for one person to be a great web designer plus a great insurance person.

I have been pleased when I spoke with Steve. He knows his stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

I agree. It is difficult for one person to be a great web designer plus a great insurance person.

I have been pleased when I spoke with Steve. He knows his stuff.

Exactly, they are very knowledgeable and have helped me choose the correct insurance for different situations. 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:12 AM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi cruisegirlppp,

Sorry about that. I've been trying to clean it up and better organize it, so if you or anyone else have any idea, please email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com . I welcome any feedback.

Steve Dasseos

I hope that didn't come across wrong. All the information that you provide is important but can seem overwhelming the first time you encounter it...that is why I recommend a phone call. You and your staff are very knowledgeable and can help a traveler choose the appropriate coverage for their trip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I hope that didn't come across wrong. All the information that you provide is important but can seem overwhelming the first time you encounter it...that is why I recommend a phone call. You and your staff are very knowledgeable and can help a traveler choose the appropriate coverage for their trip. 

Hi cruisegirlppp,

It didn't come across wrong. I appreciate your kind words and the honest feedback.

We have over 530 pages including our 374 blog posts and I don't know how to simplify it.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1