New Survey

Hi everybody 🙂 This came in my email a couple days ago, $50 additional bar tab for filling out the survey. Not as lucrative as the previous one I heard about here, iirc $200?

IIRC, questions were like  - 

Prioritize the order I like to book through - airlines, direct with cruise line, TA, expedia, web based cruise sellers?

Would I pay a amenities fee for certain services? 

What is more enticing, $1000 discount on the booking price or $1000 OBC? 

What inclusions would get me to purchase - gratuities, internet upgrades, priority embarkation

Advance booking for the best price if there was a low price guarantee 

At booking, choosing my cabin vs auto assign vs guarantee, or after, at embarkation.

The price I would pay for flexibility in booking, canceling, changing names, moving around a reservation 

100% PIF vs 20% down

Sea Terrace vs Sea Terrace XL vs a 200 sq ft (Panorama?) cabin pricing

Importance of cabin location and cabin amenities, balcony views 

What types of cabin bundling options (of the above questions) would I choose, and at what price point

The costs of the bundles were all over the place, they assumed Sea Terrace, XL, or 200 sq ft - 2 sailors, 7 days, Caribbean itinerary, money was from ~ $3k to $11k+ iirc 

We want to hear from you, Sailor.

We know how valuable your vacation time is, so we would like to thank you for your interest in sailing the world The Virgin Way. And as we continue to explore the high seas — from the sun-kissed shores of the Caribbean to sensational destinations in the Mediterranean — we'd love it if you could fill out this survey to help us better understand what’s important to you. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

As a thank you, we will send you $50 in Bar Tab credit to use on any future voyage booked after April 15th, (New bookings only). Your credit will be shared in the coming weeks via access key for surveys completed in full, and this access key is only redeemable online during the booking process.

We encourage you to respond quickly, as this survey will only be available for a limited time— so make sure to complete it in one sitting. And rest assured, your answers will be kept completely confidential. This link is unique, it can only be used once and will only give one credit per Sailor.

As a potential future Sailor, your input is incredibly valuable. Would you be willing to help us out?

$50 bar tab is nothing....looks like a way to get you to book.
Disney used to send out all sorts of surveys.  Some of the items from surveys were incorporated into the cruises....but as much as 10 years later!
Obviously they are looking for info, but probably not as important as they'd like you to believe.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was more curious what they wanted to know than that $50 will sway me, lol, I never take surveys or give reviews. Just interested in what direction they may be headed in. I have no cruises on the horizons, just land based stuff for now.

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Giraffes said:

So do they want your responses or do they want you to book another cruise after 4/15?

this is to correct their last survey wording where they said “$200 on your NEXT voyage”, which most interpreted as their upcoming cruise that was already booked. 
Putting a booking date after April 15 makes it clear that it can’t applied to bookings made before then. 

plus, bar tab might be going away completely soon, so this extra $50 might be for those new bookings that don’t include any bar tab. 

Edited by CanadianCruiser21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Can you elaborate on this?

The bar tab as a concept is not going away.  However, the bar tab as an added "free" promotional part of a cruise is said to be going away.  There was another thread on this.

20 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

The bar tab as a concept is not going away.  However, the bar tab as an added "free" promotional part of a cruise is said to be going away.  There was another thread on this.

The post I referred to said Bar Tab was going away, which implied that they're doing away with it entirely. That's different from a promo, hence my confusion. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

The post I referred to said Bar Tab was going away, which implied that they're doing away with it entirely. That's different from a promo, hence my confusion. Thanks!

Yeah, that is why I tried to differentiate between two concepts.  🙂

Edited by rebeccac
  • Like 2