Two day air deviation

We will be using the BOGO air to fly from Minneapolis to London.  These flights typically leave in late afternoon/early evening and land the next morning.  Our cruise reservation shows a two day deviation.  The cruise departs on 10/10.  The NCL reservationist says our flight will leave Minneapolis on the 8th, and arrive in London on the 9th.  Is this correct?  I thought it meant that we would spend 2 nights in London.  We’d like to spend 2 nights in England.

No, it is not correct. You should arrive in London sometime on the 8th if your cruise is on the 10th. When you leave depends on how long it takes to get there, plus time differences.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronheg said:

We will be using the BOGO air to fly from Minneapolis to London.  These flights typically leave in late afternoon/early evening and land the next morning.  Our cruise reservation shows a two day deviation.  The cruise departs on 10/10.  The NCL reservationist says our flight will leave Minneapolis on the 8th, and arrive in London on the 9th.  Is this correct?  I thought it meant that we would spend 2 nights in London.  We’d like to spend 2 nights in England.

Since you were vague about when you actually leave, let's say you leave at 9 pm your time (Minneapolis) on the 8th. The flight is about 8+ hours long (not counting any layovers of course).

Landing would be 5 am your time and 11 am London time on the 9th.

If you want to spend 2 nights in London, you would need to leave on the 7th.

It looks like you need to make some adjustments...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Since you were vague about when you actually leave, let's say you leave at 9 pm your time (Minneapolis) on the 8th. The flight is about 8+ hours long (not counting any layovers of course).

Landing would be 5 am your time and 11 am London time on the 9th.

If you want to spend 2 nights in London, you would need to leave on the 7th.

It looks like you need to make some adjustments...

NCL only allows for two day deviations which is what OP received.

Only way to get two days in London is to cancel NCL flights and book your own.

• Like 3

If the reservationist is correct and a 2 day deviation leaves on the 8th, the what happens to a cruiser who asks for a one day or a zero day deviation?

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thanks, didn't know that...new to NCL. 

Yeah, I wouldn't bother booking thru BOGO then...apparently they do things a bit differently...

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Um, no. First, they said they were looking for 2 nights in London, which is what you get with a 2-day deviation. Just no guarantee of when you will arrive.

No deviation would mean they ARRIVE on the 10th. 1 day deviation means ARRIVING on the 9th. 2 day deviation means ARRIVING on the 8th.

I'm assuming a "NCL reservationist" is someone on the chat line or a PCC - who got it wrong. Which isn't uncommon. Plus, it doesn't appear that they have actually received anything, just information.

• Like 2

Regardless of what the "reservationist" said, I would expect the flight to depart on the 7th...arriving on the 8th. That gives you two nights. The NCL flight-arranging people won't know the inaccurate info the "reservationist" gave you.

• Like 2

While you certainly *can* get a flight that would get you into London on the same day...you would be leaving very early on the US end.  Your profile says "Sun City".  Arizona?  If so, you're starting out with a 7 (8?) hour time difference working against you.  Every flight we've ever done was an overnight from ATL arriving *usually* around 7:30am local time.

I confirmed with NCL rep that a two day deviation means spending 2 nights in England.  Our flight will therefore leave on 10/7,  arriving on the 8th.  I think the 2 reservationists I spoke to yesterday were wrong.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ronheg said:

I think the 2 reservationists I spoke to yesterday were wrong.

I would have reservations about dealing with those "reservationists" if they can't do simple math. But I'll reserve further judgment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We have a cruise booked from Venice and have a two day deviation and cruise is August 19th and our flights are August 16th we are supposed to arrive on the 17th but it could be at anytime. so realistically we are planning only a full day of touring Venice on the 18th.

Edited by Matlily

21 hours ago, ronheg said:

I confirmed with NCL rep that a two day deviation means spending 2 nights in England.  Our flight will therefore leave on 10/7,  arriving on the 8th.  I think the 2 reservationists I spoke to yesterday were wrong.

The rep that confirmed arriving two days in advance of your cruise is correct. You may arrive at 5 AM, 1 PM, 11:30 PM on 10/8 depending on the flights NCL gets you. We were thankful NCL booked us on a red eye from JFK which had us landing in Barcelona at 9 AM. We had the entire day to wander around the city. Our hotel even allowed us to check-in at 10:30 AM with no fee!!