Celebrity BOA Credit Card - OBC not showing up

I know this question has been addressed on this board before, but I can not find it using the search function.  I converted points into OBC for my upcoming sailing months ago and they still haven't appeared on my account.  Who do I contact to get this fixed?

22 minutes ago, darsura said:

Call the Captain’s Club and they will be apply to apply the OBC to your sailing.  I did this recently and it just took a few minutes.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Super helpful to know to call and get OBC from BOA applied to our account.  Thanks for the info.  I called and it was applied while I was on the phone.  

New to OBC from Celebrity BOA card.  Know that you can take OBC in $50.00 increments, but what happens to unused funds?  Does Celebrity refund to your Celebrity BOA account or do you lose the remaining OBC like other Celebrity credits.  I usually have both nonrefundable OBC and travel agent refundable OBC.  Interested in how the above works.  

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just transferred points yesterday for the first time. Where do I look to see my OBC? I don't see anything in my reservation online.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, depplep said:

Hi, I just transferred points yesterday for the first time. Where do I look to see my OBC? I don't see anything in my reservation online.

Did you call Celebrity CC to have the transfer applied?  Usually it is immediate with the call.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

I called and got it applied and they sent over the updated invoice. But it doesn't show on my app or the website. I guess I'll just print out the invoice to take with me. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, depplep said:

doesn't show on my app or the website. 

Not sure it does on the app, here's where to look in cruise planner.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 11.21.14.png

I did it online through the credit card and it showed on my booking the next day. Nice to know that I can get it back and won't lose the OBC if I don't use it all.

Laura

We took out the Celebrity Bank of America credit card and spent the $1000 in the first month to get 30,000 points. We were of the understanding it would convert to $300 onboard credit. My husband called Captain’s Club today and was told 30,000 points only gets $150 onboard credit.  Can anybody verify whether 30,000 points gets you $150 or $300 OBC.

I have the Royal Caribbean BOA credit card. Cashed in 20,000 points for an upcoming Celebrity cruise and got an onboard credit of $200.  I did everything online thru my BOA account. 

HTH.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:12 AM, joetop2467 said:

We took out the Celebrity Bank of America credit card and spent the $1000 in the first month to get 30,000 points. We were of the understanding it would convert to $300 onboard credit. My husband called Captain’s Club today and was told 30,000 points only gets $150 onboard credit.  Can anybody verify whether 30,000 points gets you $150 or $300 OBC.

I got $300 once when I did this a few months ago, but, you can cash in on boa website, but if you want to use it before cruise you have to call to get them to apply it. Otherwise it shows up once you are on the ship. I also cashed in some other points and they all converted at points/100.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:38 AM, Salt Lifer said:

I know this question has been addressed on this board before, but I can not find it using the search function.  I converted points into OBC for my upcoming sailing months ago and they still haven't appeared on my account.  Who do I contact to get this fixed?

I had the same issue.  I called as others suggested and OBC was present about 2 hours later.  The customer service person said Celebrity needs to inform others to do the same and call.

I got $300 OBC. I did it online through the credit card and it showed up in my Celebrity account a few days later. No issue with getting mine. I took a picture showing I got it just in case.

Laura

59 minutes ago, Whizbank said:

I got $300 once when I did this a few months ago, but, you can cash in on boa website, but if you want to use it before cruise you have to call to get them to apply it. Otherwise it shows up once you are on the ship. I also cashed in some other points and they all converted at points/100.

It does not show up while on board. Everyone please call captain club after you cash in your points. You will need your credit card account number and booking number.  I just went through this thinking once I cashed it on on BOA website it will just be added to your cruise for my cruise last month. IT DID NOT. I called and they applied it to my upcoming cruise. I was told that you have to always call in once you cash your points in and have it applied to your booking.

I just called and it was applied and I could see it on cruise planner while I was on phone. I had been told before that if you don't call it will show up when you board, but I agree with Bosjoe that calling will make sure it works, before you find out that it didn't get applied to your account. Plus if you apply it immediately then you can use it for excursions, spa appts etc that you want to purchase before you board. 

Now I'm waiting to see how and when my shareholder obc shows up. I filled all that stuff out over the weekend.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 4:57 PM, Whizbank said:

Now I'm waiting to see how and when my shareholder obc shows up. I filled all that stuff out over the weekend.

It took about 3-5 days to apply. 

Edited by Bosjoe

Good thread.  I got OBC from my Visa in two increments of $250.  The first one showed up and I have $18 left.  The second one never showed up, so I'll call the Captain's Club tomorrow.