Culinary class reservations, when?

kahuna21

I think everyone has reservation access at the same time. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when the class reservations show up as available online. The general advice seems to be to check regularly in your account. They are not with shore excursions but a different tab...someone will chime in with which tab since I can't remember.

• Like 2

We were able to book our cooking class right after we paid our deposit (6 + months out). Just kept checking our account and booked as soon as the options appeared using the site noted in the previous post above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing to realize about the Culinary Classes is that, though booked through Destination Services, booking/cancelling, waiving because you are sick, etc., are under the control of each different chef instructor, and "chefs act like chefs".

YMMV.  Uhhh...  make that YMWV.

3 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

Thanks for those answers. Our cruise is 2.5 months away, nothing listed yet. 

Or maybe they're all sold out. 75 days is way past when they should be listed. 

First time cruising with Oceania, so appreciate everyone's feedback here!  We're cruising on the Marina in August for 15-days, and it looks as though most of the culinary classes are already sold out - when I try to book online it says our names are waitlisted; however there are only classes shown for a 4-6pm time slot on the few days they're offered.  Do they typically add more time periods or more classes on at sea days (not all of our sea days have classes available, some are on port days)?  Also, do they usually repeat the same class during the duration of the cruise - one is listed twice already on different dates?  Many of the ones I was looking forward to taking from what I saw on various blogs, promoted on the Oceania site, etc. aren't even the ones currently being offered online under the other options tab.  

Thanks,

Christina

Posted (edited)

I have always enjoyed the classes.  Sea days usually have a morning and an afternoon class.  Port days just an afternoon one.  Sadly, they do not add more classes in my experience.  If you talk to the chef and emphasize that you will respond promptly to a call off the waitlist (I’ve seen people cancel 10 minutes before class and the chef making phone calls to people’s rooms), perhaps you’ll get priority. Or ask if you can just show 15 minutes before class and ask.  There is usually an open house on the first day. 

Edited by Clutj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:45 PM, Clutj said:

I have always enjoyed the classes.  Sea days usually have a morning and an afternoon class.  Port days just an afternoon one.  Sadly, they do not add more classes in my experience.  If you talk to the chef and emphasize that you will respond promptly to a call off the waitlist (I’ve seen people cancel 10 minutes before class and the chef making phone calls to people’s rooms), perhaps you’ll get priority. Or ask if you can just show 15 minutes before class and ask.  There is usually an open house on the first day. 

Thanks so much about the tip with the chefs!  I will try that if needed.  I think it's just strange that for our 15-day cruise on the Marina, we currently only have six classes scheduled all at 4-6pm with only two on at sea days while four are on port days so I was hoping more would be added (we have seven at sea days on this cruise..).  Oh well, we shall see I guess!   

I think I’ve usually seen cooking classes every sea day at two times.  So I’d say it’s odd for sea days without classes.  Maybe have your TA ask what’s up.