Royal Up

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Occasionally the minimum bid may be adjusted.  Usually my minimum bids remain constant, but I have seen a few minimum bids go down or up over the bidding period.  If the current minimum bid for the sunset junior suite is more than you are willing to pay, you could re-check your offers occasionally to see if the minimum has changed.

Thank you - for what we originally paid for our balcony, I think this would be an amazing upgrade and would jump on it if we were splitting the cost. But knowing I'd be paying it all myself is what is holding me back.... Then again, you only turn 50 once......and it is Icon......then again, I do have a European cruise in September and could use that money there..... decisions, decisions....

56 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Thank you - for what we originally paid for our balcony, I think this would be an amazing upgrade and would jump on it if we were splitting the cost. But knowing I'd be paying it all myself is what is holding me back.... Then again, you only turn 50 once......and it is Icon......then again, I do have a European cruise in September and could use that money there..... decisions, decisions....

You do know that cost is bid x 2, regardless of how many people are in the cabin.

• Like 1

Just now, LeeW said:

You do know that cost is bid x 2, regardless of how many people are in the cabin.

I do - thank you. It's still a great price to upgrade considering we only paid $3300 total for all three of us for an ocean view balcony. 

Congrats on your upgrade.  We got our last 2 cruises upgraded for a fraction of what they would have originally cost.  The one before that our bid wasn’t accepted.

If we’re on a B2B with the same cabin we don’t bid.  I have come to really dislike the time and effort it takes to change cabins. But we always bid if it’s a single cruise with varying outcomes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I am tempted to bid on the junior sunset suite for our 5/4 sailing....but I'd have to fork out the whole amount as the friends I am going with are satisfied with our balcony. Trying to talk myself out of it...  Also haven't ever been offered a chance to upgrade before. Do they ever accept anything below the minimum?

System will not let you bid less than a certain amount.

5 hours ago, BillOh said:

That seems reasonable, watching as I am about 50 days away now.  I hope @DennysDad comes back and lets us know what happens.

I did come back. (See posts from last night). It all worked! Very happy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BillOh said:

Have fun on Allure, still Gina's favorite ship. 

Thanks, Bill! Hope we end up sailing together at some point. We really enjoyed getting to know you and Gina, also Jon and Penny on Symphony. Seems like that was just yesterday but that was back in 2019! 

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks, Bill! Hope we end up sailing together at some point. We really enjoyed getting to know you and Gina, also Jon and Penny on Symphony. Seems like that was just yesterday but that was back in 2019! 

So much has happened in that 5 years, but I have been thinking about that Symphony cruise a lot with Wonder coming up.