Royal Up

One of my bids now says pending and the rest say expired. Does this mean it's going to happen? (Apparently I'm not the only one who had this happen at the 30 day mark). Not sure if I should hold out hope or not based on this?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

One of my bids now says pending and the rest say expired. Does this mean it's going to happen? (Apparently I'm not the only one who had this happen at the 30 day mark). Not sure if I should hold out hope or not based on this?

That far out, I would expect it to be a success.  No reason for it to expire others 30 days out, unless you got a success. What cabin did you bid on and what was your previous?

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

That far out, I would expect it to be a success.  No reason for it to expire others 30 days out, unless you got a success. What cabin did you bid on and what was your previous?

Booked an interior GTY on Icon. Was assigned an interior plus (small upgrade). Bid on many categories. Today (at 30 days) my documents are ready to print with that cabin. But my Royal up status has all but one category as expired. The infinite ocean balcony is listed as pending. The expired all the rest. But they didn't change my documents, luggage tags, or tell me I won the infinite balcony yet. I just want to know one way or another soon. LOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meekacat said:

Yes, the bid that says pending will be confirmed shortly.  They have expired (canceled) your other bids as a result. 

From personal experience?

Pending may turn into a win; it has for me.  However, other posters have reported pending bids that never went further.

Are you watching for corresponding activity on your credit card? That would be the first indication of success 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Pending may turn into a win; it has for me.  However, other posters have reported pending bids that never went further.

Are you watching for corresponding activity on your credit card? That would be the first indication of success 

Yes, watching. Nothing yet today. 😢

Mentioned in another thread, but if this is the 5/4 Icon sailing, as of a few hours ago there was roughly 80 unsold Infinite OVB cabins on rccl site.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Yes, watching. Nothing yet today. 😢

One way to get a bit of an earlier indication is to watch for new pending charges on your RoyalUp listed credit card.

When you see a pending charge you know your bid has been accepted.  It won't be a lot earlier but when waiting every little bit counts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

Mentioned in another thread, but if this is the 5/4 Icon sailing, as of a few hours ago there was roughly 80 unsold Infinite OVB cabins on rccl site.  

Yep, that's the sailing. I see a lot, but I get way less than 80 total. My bid was the min $170 pp. The infinite balconys don't seem to sell as well. I have to do another count. 

33 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Yep, that's the sailing. I see a lot, but I get way less than 80 total. My bid was the min $170 pp. The infinite balconys don't seem to sell as well. I have to do another count. 

There is different cabin listings for 3 or 4 person cabins. 

• Thanks 1

The only time I had a Pending with the others cancelled, it never happened. Finally got the reject email about 9 PM embarkation day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RobInMN said:

The only time I had a Pending with the others cancelled, it never happened. Finally got the reject email about 9 PM embarkation day.

That is pathetic. You're already checked in and on the boat for hours and they finally tell you "thanks for playing"?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

That is pathetic. You're already checked in and on the boat for hours and they finally tell you "thanks for playing"?

Yep. From what I've read, that's not uncommon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

There is different cabin listings for 3 or 4 person cabins. 

OMG. I forgot when doing my search and just kept it at 1 cabin, 2 passengers. Your right! Well I must have a real shot because ship is soooo far from full at 30 days out.

Posted (edited)

Got it! Great big Ocean View Infinite Balcony! People don't seem to want them because open they let the heat in. From an inside to this is wild. It's big. LOL.

Note: Still not showing on credit card, so that might not be the best indicator.

Anyone know if and when documents (specifically luggage tags) will change? I've read some folks have had to call. Trying to avoid that, but want to print tags and put in holders.

Cabin number has changed on app, just not docs.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Edited by DennysDad
  • Like 8

Congratulations! 🎉 Enjoy your upgrade. 😎

I cancelled my RU bids on our upcoming Allure B2B. We’re currently staying in the same JS and my only bid for each leg was for a GS. We love the location of our JS and really don’t want to have to move between the two legs of our B2B so we let the minimum bids on the GS go. While having a GS would have been nice we are happy with our decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joepeka said:

That was the norm for a while. The denial email now usually comes the day before sailing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DennysDad said:

I am tempted to bid on the junior sunset suite for our 5/4 sailing....but I'd have to fork out the whole amount as the friends I am going with are satisfied with our balcony. Trying to talk myself out of it...  Also haven't ever been offered a chance to upgrade before. Do they ever accept anything below the minimum?

16 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

That seems reasonable, watching as I am about 50 days away now.  I hope @DennysDad comes back and lets us know what happens.

11 hours ago, perfect match said:

Congratulations! 🎉 Enjoy your upgrade. 😎

I cancelled my RU bids on our upcoming Allure B2B. We’re currently staying in the same JS and my only bid for each leg was for a GS. We love the location of our JS and really don’t want to have to move between the two legs of our B2B so we let the minimum bids on the GS go. While having a GS would have been nice we are happy with our decision.

Have fun on Allure, still Gina's favorite ship. 

003.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I am tempted to bid on the junior sunset suite for our 5/4 sailing....but I'd have to fork out the whole amount as the friends I am going with are satisfied with our balcony. Trying to talk myself out of it...  Also haven't ever been offered a chance to upgrade before. Do they ever accept anything below the minimum?

Occasionally the minimum bid may be adjusted.  Usually my minimum bids remain constant, but I have seen a few minimum bids go down or up over the bidding period.  If the current minimum bid for the sunset junior suite is more than you are willing to pay, you could re-check your offers occasionally to see if the minimum has changed.

• Like 1