Norwegian Encore priority?

I got priority tags in the mail a few days ago for an Encore sailing in May. Regular Club Balcony and platinum. My parents on the same cruise and in a Haven Aft Facing Suite got nothing. 

1 hour ago, gknep said:

I got priority tags in the mail a few days ago for an Encore sailing in May. Regular Club Balcony and platinum. My parents on the same cruise and in a Haven Aft Facing Suite got nothing. 

May when?

Ncl doesn’t send luggage tags the can be printer after you check in on line. You can get priority disembarking luggage from the cruise next desk the day before the cruise ends

Unless things have changed again, NCL stopped  mailing luggage tags a long time ago.  As mentioned by someone you can print them online.  They were still mailing Haven luggage tags but maybe they stopped that too.  My last NCL cruise in 2020, they were still mailing Haven luggage tags. 

As platinum you will get to board from the Platinum line.  Sometimes it is faster while other times not so much.  I think luggage is not given any sort of priority no matter your status or where you are staying.  At least my experience is I have never noticed my luggage arriving faster just because I am in the Haven.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dcruiser50 said:

Ncl doesn’t send luggage tags the can be printer after you check in on line. You can get priority disembarking luggage from the cruise next desk the day before the cruise ends

We have been on 40 NCL cruises, and since we started sailing in suites 15 ago, we have always received our luggage tags in the mail a few weeks before we sail, including our last cruise October 2023.

Edited by DebbieCruises
  • Like 1

This was definitely mailed out to me and received yesterday.  It’s my first time and the priority surprised me.  Gotta be related to platinum.  Thx everyone!  

2 hours ago, dcruiser50 said:

Ncl doesn’t send luggage tags the can be printer after you check in on line.

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

NCL stopped  mailing luggage tags a long time ago. 

I sail steerage and NCL mails me tags about 1 in 4 cruises.  I always check in exactly 21 days out.  There is no rhyme nor reason to it.  We just need to figure out what is unique/special about Debbie.

1 hour ago, DebbieCruises said:

We have been on 40 NCL cruises, and since we started sailing in suites 15 ago, we have always received our luggage tags in the mail a few weeks before we sail, including our last cruise October 2023.

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2024 at 8:28 PM, tokidoki said:

Hi all! Don’t remember getting tags that say  priority?  I am just in a BA cabin and platinum.  Doubt if it really means anything? Anyone else? Thx 

In the past, NCL was sending tags out to Seattle passengers. There is really no drop off area at the Bell Street terminal and many of union porters there just sit behind a table and don't really help people at the curb. After the pandemic, it was more to try and keep people moving and not get jammed up waiting for porters to write luggage tags. 

I thought that they had stopped. 

As far as "Priority" tags, they don't mean anything. Neither the porters nor NCL process Priority bags any faster. We are just off the Encore and our "Priority" bags showed up around 4 pm. 🙂 

15 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Thx! We sail May 12

I'm on your sailing!  Also Platinum but in a club balcony, but have not received any Priority tags in the mail.  My friend is guest one and she's not Platinum, so that may be the difference.  🤷‍♀️

Excited to see Alaska!!

4 hours ago, WickedRed said:

I'm on your sailing!  Also Platinum but in a club balcony, but have not received any Priority tags in the mail.  My friend is guest one and she's not Platinum, so that may be the difference.  🤷‍♀️

Excited to see Alaska!!

Looks like it just for embarking and my luggage would get to my cabin faster.  I travel lite and it’s just carry ins for both of us 

I figured that was the case.  Faster luggage to the room is always nice though.  Good for you!  With my luck they mailed those to my friend, which would make sense since she is guest 1, and she just tossed them thinking it's junk mail.  LOL! 

Posted (edited)

I haven't gotten tags in the mail in many years.  I'm Sapphire and NOT Haven.  I do benefit from priority boarding but my bags show up in due course.  There are tags for priority DISembarkation.

I just bring a small carry-on with my meds, change of clothes, and anything else I might need until my checked bag shows up.

Edited by phillygwm