Britannia 10th May Baltic Cruise Itinerary Change

GSPG

Looks like changes between Day 10 and Day 12 compared to the original.

Now stopping at Visby, Sweden on Day 10, then at sea, then Copenhagen on Day 12, then set sail for Southampton. Skagen has been dropped.

I will be new to this area of the world, but from what I can see Visby maybe an improved stop than Skagen?

We haven’t been to Visby, but there’s not a lot to see at Skagen. It’s quite pleasant, but the town has the look of a designer outlet village!

I love Baltic cruises, and suspect that the next cruise that we book with P&O will be one, but it’s a shame that since St Petersburg has been dropped they still do a 2 day stop somewhere. I’d rather do an additional port, as nowhere else holds enough interest for me to warrant 2 days. We’ve also done Copenhagen to death (a bit like Lisbon).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

We haven’t been to Visby, but there’s not a lot to see at Skagen. It’s quite pleasant, but the town has the look of a designer outlet village!

I love Baltic cruises, and suspect that the next cruise that we book with P&O will be one, but it’s a shame that since St Petersburg has been dropped they still do a 2 day stop somewhere. I’d rather do an additional port, as nowhere else holds enough interest for me to warrant 2 days. We’ve also done Copenhagen to death (a bit like Lisbon).

You could try Princess, they do 7 or even 8 ports on their Baltic cruises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSPG said:

Looks like changes between Day 10 and Day 12 compared to the original.

Now stopping at Visby, Sweden on Day 10, then at sea, then Copenhagen on Day 12, then set sail for Southampton. Skagen has been dropped.

I will be new to this area of the world, but from what I can see Visby maybe an improved stop than Skagen?

Visby is lovely. 

38 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Visby is lovely. 

That's good to hear!  I'm on Aurora on 26 August and have never been to any of these ports, in fact my only venture into Scandinavia was to Stockholm 15 years ago to run the marathon there.  

Any recommendations of what we should see in Visby or anywhere else much appreciated!  At present we have one P&O excursion booked as a family which is in Skagen. Apart from that I'm lost!!

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

That's good to hear!  I'm on Aurora on 26 August and have never been to any of these ports, in fact my only venture into Scandinavia was to Stockholm 15 years ago to run the marathon there.  

Any recommendations of what we should see in Visby or anywhere else much appreciated!  At present we have one P&O excursion booked as a family which is in Skagen. Apart from that I'm lost!!

At Visby catch the little local shuttle to the top of the town, zig zag your way down, catch the little local shuttle at the bottom, near the front, back to the ship. 

• Thanks 1

I’m on this cruise too. Received email today and cruise personalizer updated. I am happy with the change but some will not be as the later evening departure from Copenhagen is no more (now a standard day) and Skagen has gone so those that have booked independent stuff need to hopefully rearrange or cancel but I feel Visby for Skagen is a good swap. La Voix, Lee Mead in Limelight plus Marco Pierre White onboard is also a plus.

Here’s hoping to a good cruise. May endeavour a live blog!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

I’m on this cruise too. Received email today and cruise personalizer updated. I am happy with the change but some will not be as the later evening departure from Copenhagen is no more (now a standard day) and Skagen has gone so those that have booked independent stuff need to hopefully rearrange or cancel but I feel Visby for Skagen is a good swap. La Voix, Lee Mead in Limelight plus Marco Pierre White onboard is also a plus.

Here’s hoping to a good cruise. May endeavour a live blog!

We have an excursion booked to Tivoli world in Copenhagen for 4.15pm arriving back at 8.15pm.
With the ship now due to leave at 6pm, that trip looks scuppered!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSPG said:

We have an excursion booked to Tivoli world in Copenhagen for 4.15pm arriving back at 8.15pm.
With the ship now due to leave at 6pm, that trip looks scuppered!

Was that a private excursion or ship tour? Many cancelled ship tours are in the process of being refunded.

6 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

Was that a private excursion or ship tour? Many cancelled ship tours are in the process of being refunded.

It was a ship tour. Apart from Stockholm, we have booked ship tours at every other port, but it’s a big shame as we were really looking forward to this particular one.

Due to an earlier Copenhagen departure, while I’m pleased our cancelled trip to Tivoli has been replaced by an earlier excursion, it feels how can I say it nicely very cheeky by P&O to increase the price from £58 to £65.

I have also heard another revised excursion has gone up £15pp from something like £64 to £79?

Two Points For Improvement
1. Wouldn’t it have been good if P&O had offered these cancelled and revised trips to those who booked the originals in the first instance, rather than open them out to everyone.

2. Why have these revised excursions increased in price. Have any others actually decreased in price from the original pricing?