Easter Cruises

I was just wondering if cruises that end on Easter Day are usually heavy on children.  I am particularly interested in the bigger ships, Freedom and above.

Perhaps I could get some advice based on recent past experiences.  Thanks

Posted (edited)

While typically following an Easter holiday schedule, spring break weeks can vary and our experience has been that the timeframe prior to, during, and after Easter can be "children heavy". Keep in mind spring breaks include colleges as well.  But in your case it may very well be less "congested" as Easter week would likely be heaviest.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

43 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I haven't been on an Easter cruise, but spring break for my school district was the week before Easter.  So, kids would be off for the week you are asking about.

For our district, it was Easter and the week that followed.   

M

YES!  This past year was my second "cruise end on Easter morning" (Anthem in 2023 and Wonder 2024)and I am rapidly looking forward to last year being my last time doing this.  Daughter graduating HS in 2025 and we can be free to cruise in May when she's out of college.

2 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

YES!  This past year was my second "cruise end on Easter morning" (Anthem in 2023 and Wonder 2024)and I am rapidly looking forward to last year being my last time doing this. 

So am I correct that there were loads of kids and youth running all over?

4 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

I was just wondering if cruises that end on Easter Day are usually heavy on children.  I am particularly interested in the bigger ships, Freedom and above.

Perhaps I could get some advice based on recent past experiences.  Thanks

It all depends when Easter falls.

It was quite early this year so many schools’ spring break was after Easter.

Next year it’s very late so I’d expect many schools’ spring break to be before Easter.

2 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

Yes.  Unfortunately. Now that wasn't ALL kids and teens.  My teen stayed with me and we had a lovely time. She hasn't seen the teen club for years. She and I did excursions, trivia and enjoyed our balcony.  If crowds and the above type of behavior bothers you, please look to cruise at another time.  If you are a teacher and have to cruise at that time, just learn what everyone else does on the cruise and you do the opposite!  That does really work. 🙂

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

You don't indicate whether you are looking to have a lot of children on board then, or are trying to void that. RCCL's primary demographics is families, and their ships are designed to cater to that market. 

So the opportunity for a significant number of children is present on most itineraries, particularly those in the summer and weeks including the holidays, as that is their target.  If that is something you are looking for as a family with children, then I would expect that the time around Easter will definitely satisfy that. 

If you are looking to avoid that, then I would suggest a different time or a different cruise line, such as Celebrity for one, that caters to adults with a lower likelihood of children on board.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for all the advice.  I am a long time Royal cruiser but never at this time of year.

And yes, I am trying to avoid it but there are other factors pushing me to sail at that time.

1 minute ago, Badatz2 said:

Thanks for all the advice.  I am a long time Royal cruiser but never at this time of year.

And yes, I am trying to avoid it but there are other factors pushing me to sail at that time.

I think you'll be running close odds of there being a number of children on board.  For a number of reasons for many years that timeframe fit our cruising options and by choice RCCL fit well with our children.  And with many of those cruises in and around Easter our children had plenty of company on board.  That was then and now the opposite reasons has us cruising primarily with Celebrity.

Hope it works out for you!