New Feature on World America

GA Dave

I was hoping for larger buffet areas.  No, this is not a dig on the stereotype Americans eating more.  US-based cruises have 1 turn-around day, where the entire ship's passengers disembark and a new batch embark.  Save for the couple hundred passengers in YC, the rest of the passengers on embarkation day are limited to having their lunch in the buffets, the lido grills, and the pizza & hot dog place on deck 7.  Those areas combined cannot handle the lunch rush on a busy turn-around day.

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Ropes course, maybe? 

Could be! They have a lot of ships with those already though so I reckon they would change it up. It could be like a combination of ropes course & zipline

It's definitely not a roller coaster, I looked at it in pretty good detail. I think Carnival regrets putting one on their ships due to the maintenance.

Personally, I'd much rather MSC do a carousel like Royal anyway. They definitely need more for families with smaller children to do.

• Like 1

I'm not very impressed by this swing thing. Although I'm very much into theme park like attractions, but this one just seems booooring. I believe cruise ships just aren't the place for really good attractions. Not impressed by Robotron or Bolt (on Carnival) either. I'd rather see MSC (or any other cruise line) offer rock climbing walls, rope courses and/or even more waterslides. Those things might not be innovative or unique, but they are proven providers of ever repeating fun.

6 hours ago, sealynx said:

I'm not very impressed by this swing thing. Although I'm very much into theme park like attractions, but this one just seems booooring. I believe cruise ships just aren't the place for really good attractions. Not impressed by Robotron or Bolt (on Carnival) either. I'd rather see MSC (or any other cruise line) offer rock climbing walls, rope courses and/or even more waterslides. Those things might not be innovative or unique, but they are proven providers of ever repeating fun.

I think this comes down to personal opinion though. It's very subjective. Like I think a rock climbing wall is boring but I like the look of robotron. And MSC have a lot of ships already with ropes courses, I like that they're trying new things.